cash or gift cards for room charges?

maxiesmom

The Mean Squinty Eye Works
Is it possible to give the front desk cash, and then have that linked to your room key for charging purchases? Or is there a way to do that with Disney gift cards? I try very hard not to use my credit card to pay for vacation expenses, and would rather not put it down on my room. I find I stay on budget a lot easier without using my credit cards! And I would rather not tote a ton of cash around either.

I don't think you can give them cash or a gift card at check-in to cover charges. I think we tried that a couple years ago and couldn't. What we did do, and have done every time since, was attach a credit card at check-in. Then the day/night prior to check-out go to the front desk and pay our KTTW charges with cash or gift cards.

You may be able to now though. We just keep doing this way as it has worked out well.

You can put down cash. They don't like it but will take it. When we went as a big family trip 42 of us. I have a brother who doesn't use credit at all. He put money on his room key. He then had is wallet taken from his pocket while we was waiting in a line. Thank goodness he didn't have his cash in it (because he put most in his key). Who ever took used his key for purchases. They had him on camera. It also showed him throwing the wallet in the trash. Luckily he only had his room key and a small amount of cash. His license was in his room safe. They back charged all of the purchases for the day. Even the ones he did make. To make up for the lose of the wallet.

LOVE Disney I don't think any other park would do that.

You can put down cash. They don't like it but will take it.

Thanks for the info.:thumbsup2 When I asked about it, I was told they couldn't do it and then suggested we use the credit card then pay off the balance prior to check out. That was cool with me so I didn't push the issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter