Cars Land and Buena Vista St. in DCA open on June 15th - new info added 5-10-12

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by skiingfast, Jun 29, 2011.

1. skiingfast

skiingfast <font color=teal>Has had no bacon<br><font color=b

Reason to go back again.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. All American

All American DIS Veteran

Will any of the rides/attractions/awesomeness be part of FastPass? Or is there no way to know until you walk up to the entrance?

(It's quiet in my house since our girls are in bed, and that was my first thought after watching the most recent sneak-peak video. Sorry if it's a dumb question and one that has been asked before..:blush:)

4. skiingfast

Radiator Springs Racers will be a FASTPASS attraction.

5. Dexican

Dexican Mouseketeer

Immediately?

6. Dexican

Dexican Mouseketeer

I know they have those things on TV to make people taller they are advertising. Not sure if they're comfortable but worth a shot. :cool1:

7. skiingfast

Hard to say when they will use FP, but the attractions is built for it.

[​IMG]

A FP return line has been built as you can see indicated in the photo and the distribution area has been built.

8. Dexican

Dexican Mouseketeer

Ironically just saw a commericial for these and apprently it made a guy who 5'9 6 foot & got a girl who didn't pay him any attention interested in him. If it can do that surely it can make your kid tall enough for RSR LOL.:rotfl2:

9. disneegrl4eva

disneegrl4eva <font color=darkcoral>now we just need a secret ha

this is basically test track with nice cars :rotfl:....they are just calling it RSR

10. skier_pete

skier_pete None

Not really at all. Yeah, it's the same car/ride mechanism, but it is an outdoor "race track" format with side-by-side cars as opposed to an indoor demo of safety features of regular cars.

The closest analogy might be to say RSR is the last 30 seconds of TT redone as a slot car track crossed with Big Thunder Mountain RR.

11. Butterfly123

Butterfly123 DIS Veteran

They have RSR set up for FP, but the other two rides look like they will be slow loaders...like the teacups. The nice thing about the Little Mermaid ride they added is that the line moves so quickly. Anyone know anything about the anticipated loading times for these rides?

12. Jacie

Jacie Disney Obsessed!

I like your way of thinking!

:thumbsup2 Good idea! Where can I find a list of 'Foods that make you taller?!' I've got six months to gain 7 inches- it CAN be done! :D (Dad would be forever excited if his son could ride Star Tours, hahaha.)

Cars Land is going to be a blast regardless!

13. skiingfast

14. coaches24

coaches24 DIS Veteran

lol, Im excited that my daughter is 40 inches right now and can ride star tours on our trip in May. Shes never seen star wars but is already excited about riding it because her day care ladies two boys talk about star wars and DD idolizes them.

15. HydroGuy

HydroGuy DIS Veteran

I can't find the link now, but a month or two ago I read that LFT will have a capacity of about 500 per hour and MJJ will handle about 800. Sort of like Tea Cups and Dumbo.

16. Butterfly123

Butterfly123 DIS Veteran

Thanks for sharing that info, Hydroguy. I am really wondering what the wait times will be like when we go third week in July. I remember when Nemo first opened we just skipped the ride that visit because the lines were so long and slow moving. Well, guess we'll find out!

17. disneegrl4eva

disneegrl4eva <font color=darkcoral>now we just need a secret ha

uh ok:rolleyes2, it just looks like it is based off of TT is all im saying but however, I will be there a few days after opening so we shall see what we shall see:goodvibes

18. CamoMama

CamoMama DIS Veteran

Sorry, I just have to say, this is a BAD idea. They have height requirements on rides for a reason. Granted they do normally err on the side of caution when determining them, but don't you want that when it concerns the safety of your child? Even if it were just an inch or two and not 7 inches, it would still not be a good idea. Very recently a 3 year old girl was thrown from a ride for which she was deemed tall enough, she slipped under the lap bar and was thrown from 8 feet in the air. Thankfully she wasn't seriously injured, but I'm not willing to risk even a mild concussion for my kid just to get them on a theme park ride.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlin...l-thrown-from-carnival-ride-at-houston-rodeo/

This may have been a joke, but just for people who might think this is a possibility to get their kid on that ride that he really wants to enjoy, it's not worth the risk. Make another trip when your kid is taller.

19. HydroGuy

HydroGuy DIS Veteran

I found the link. It was from editorialist and chief rumor-starter Al Lutz who does not work for Disney and everything he says is really rumor - albeit well informed rumor - usually. :)

http://miceage.micechat.com/allutz/al122011a.htm

20. LAWalz23

LAWalz23 DIS Veteran

Are there any plans to open the rides early for those who can enter through the GC gate?

21. Butterfly123

Butterfly123 DIS Veteran

Thanks for finding that info...very interesting. I wonder why they didn't plan for rides that load more quickly? I hope there will be some shade for those lines!