• Excellent

• Good

• Average

• Poor

• Failure

Results are only viewable after voting.

KCmike

Never have fallen asleep on any
The movie was worse than the critics say.
It was truly horrible. I can't believe how bad Pixar let us down.
If you have seen those Car Toons they show on Disney channel between shows well they are worse than those. It was like they weren't even trying on this one.
If you have to go see it then choose the cheapest time for you to go. It is that bad.
I love Pixar and Disney. I love all films they do. I just can't believe how bad it really was.

It is so disappointing.

I thought it was awesome, not sure about all of the hate its receiving

Not as good as the original certainly (most sequels never are) but I thought it was pretty good.

I loved it, almost more than my kids! Lots of action, humor, car racing, lessons about friendship. Great movie.

PIXARS 2nd best, after TS3. It was an excellent movie for their 25th aniversary!

I liked the movie. I think it will be real popular with the little boys in your family.

Massive disappointment in my book:

- Felt more like a made for TV movie.
- Other than Lightning and Mater, all the other characters we grew to know and love so intimately from the first film, felt like they were just thrown in because, well, they spent so much time with them in the first movie.
- Linear, very non epic story. (Again, made for TV movie, or a Saturday morning extended "Mater's Tall Tales".

I guess I could go on and on, but I'll just end with saying Cars is one of our families favorite Pixar movies. This was a let down to me, my wife, DD 8, and even our son, OK, OK, he is only 2 1/2 but LOVES's cars. What the heck were they even thinking. :confused3

As far as a sequel never being better than the original. I don't know. Each Toy Story got better and better, IMO, as well as a number of other movies. Here's hoping they don't make a train wreck out of Monsters Inc. 2, or anything else they follow up with a sequel on.

I haven't seen it, but I'm intrigued at the spread on the reviews...From failure to excellent.

I loved the movie. Kind of a James Bond movie for kids ( my Son loved all the action and explosion scenes). But I also like the themes about friendship and accepting yourself for who you are....

Yeah, at the end DH and I looked at each other and gave it a thumbs down. Just no heart to the stroy line like most other Pixar films (exception was Incredibles for us...another without as much heart to the story.) 7 year old DS, however, loved it..."what made it your favorite over the first Cars, hon?" "the WEAPONS!" ugh.

Also, anyone notice the opening scene? How conveniently the old "Captain McDuck" / beginning of the Backlot Tour could be facelifted to fit this scene? Oh, and gee, it happens to be so close to Pixar Place...hmm...I'm sure strictly coincidental :rolleyes1

I think the reason many didn't like it or downright hated it is due to the lack of involvement of all the characters from the first movie.

Instead, Cars 2 introduced a few new characters that had a lot of screen time. Heck, even Lightning McQueen was a "supporting actor" in what is a sequel to a movie that was centered around that character.

That said, we all enjoyed it yesterday!

I thought the first 30 minutes, through the Japan sequence, was hysterical. The rest of the movie was suspenseful, thrilling, and had my guessing. I asked myself a couple times, "How are they going to get out of this one", a la MacGyver. I really enjoyed it.

Another movie of non-stop relationship/character building would have rehashed what was accomplished in the first movie.

We thought it was better than the original...and I wasn't even looking forward to seeing it. I also wonder if it depends on what version of it you saw...we saw it in 3-d as we had free tix. I really enjoyed it because of that and I normally don't even like 3-d!

I really enjoyed it. I think Mater is a fun character and deserved to be expanded on in the sequel. I enjoyed the spy part and the new characters were enjoyable. The cars versions of the major cities were fun environments to explore. Lightning was les integral to this film, but who said he had to be the star? I would love to see more films that fleshed out some of the other characters.

I thought is was just like any fish-out-of-water/mistaken identity/buddy movie.
I literally thought they just took a script from an un-filmed "Rush Hour 4" and changed the names.

The nods to Up, The Incredibles and Ratatouille were cute, but all-in-all, we actually were more excited about the "Muppets" trailer than we were about "Cars 2"

I *LOVED* IT!!!!! :love: :love: :love:

But then again I love Mater best. He's my favorite Pixar character. I even love ALL the Mater's Tall Tales shorts. My favorite being the one with the baby UFO. I'm thrilled that he got to be the star of Cars 2! :woohoo:

If it wasn't for Mater I don't think I would have went to see the first Cars. I remember when I saw the first trailer for Cars. All they showed was Lighting racing around the racetrack. I thought the idea of a movie about race cars was boring and stupid. :mad: Then I started seeing trailers and promos on the Disney Channel with Mater in them. I fell in love with him before I even saw the movie! :lovestruc

sailorstitch

I DON'T KNOW HOW ANYONE COULD HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was beyond amazing. I loved it!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotfl:

My entire family went, and we all had a blast. We laughed, we cried, we loved the whole thing.

I truly don't understand how ANYONE could not like it!!!!!!! It was awesome!!!!
It was a bit more 'adventurous' than the first movie, but I thought that it was fantastic! It's an incredible family movie, and I know (for a family of all girls) we enjoyed it thoroughly.

I actually am hoping to go see it again soon!!! :love:

I give it a 5 out of 5 stars, and I HIGHLY recommend it. :thumbsup2

As a huge Pixar fan, I was a little let down, but it's not nearly as bad as some critics have said. Still, I think you have to be a fan of Larry the Cable Guy to like the movie, as Mater's definitely the main character.

The best part was the Toy Story short, which was great.

I was pretty let down. $60 between tickets for four and snacks on opening night.

I could have lived without the violence (shooting, crushing cars, etc) for my 5 year old.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter