Carribean vs bahama

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Justicebreez, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Justicebreez

Justicebreez Earning My Ears

Hello we are new to the cruise scene and although we are booked for a 3 day bahama cruise(yay) I was wondering the differences between the Caribbean and bahama cruises?? Advantages disadvantage stuff like that! Is Castaway cay the key to the experience as my travel agent suggested? I'm already to book my next cruise so any advice would be greatly appreciated!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jdb in AZ

jdb in AZ It could end up curdled

Castaway Cay is very nice. The offer a buffet on the beach, and lots of water activities. Or you can just sunbathe on the white groomed(!) sand.

The biggest difference I've found between the DCL Bahamas cruises and their Caribbean cruises, is there's more ports of call in the Caribbean, so you get to see more far away places, and more diversity.

4. wiigirl

wiigirl DIS Veteran

:thumbsup2

5. kimistry6

kimistry6 DIS Veteran

This is just our experience, but the longer caribbean cruises just seem much more relaxed. No need to get everything in right away. If there's a long line for the aquaduck, we can come back later. Plus, we love sea days and on the eastern there are 2 sea days at the very front which give you time to rest and get your sea legs. That being said, as much as I love the longer cruises, I would pick a 3-4 night one over not cruising at all.

6. TempusFugit

TempusFugit Are you a fan of delicious flavor?

Our experience as well. Also, Castaway Cay is a stop for all Disney cruise itineraries with a few exceptions. So fear not, you won't miss out on it.

7. JimGA

JimGA DIS Veteran

My advice would be to book your next cruise while you are on your 3 day cruise, you will save 10% and only have to put down 10% plus get eitehr $100 or 200 in shipboard credits.