Carribean Beach Resort Bunk Pull Down

100AcreWood

DIS Veteran
Hi,
I'm curious to hear what this bed is like. It would be for my 13 year old. Is this really meant for a small child? Is is comfortable?

It depends on how big your 13 yo is. If s/he is 6ft tall, then i dont think this would be comfy. Although you never know, if s/he sleeps in a fetal position the whole night, it might work. lol.
IMG_2587.jpg

Was there last week. My 17 year old son who is 5'11" slept on the murphy bed for 7 nights without complaint. He's pretty laid back and used to getting the sleeper sofa in hotels so this wasn't any worse. I think it will depend upon your child. If they can handle sleeper sofas, then this won't be any worse.

According to Disney they are meant for young children. The mattress is only a smidge bigger than a crib mattress. I would think an air mattress would be bigger and more comfortable.

We just stayed in Aruba 56 for 10 days and the mattress is like a sleeper sofa like others have said. I am 5' 6" and slept in the bunk for 2 nights when my 6 YO grandaughter was not feeling well and it really was not that bad. As a kid I probably would not care, as an adult I was more then happy to be back in the
new queen bed.

CBR Murphy mattress: 30 x 64
Standard Crib mattress: 27 x 52
Standard Twin mattress: 39 x 74

It's larger than a crib mattress. My 17 year old 5'11" son slept on it for 7 nights. We packed an air mattress because of our concerns about the murphy bed but in the end all 3 of our kids argued over who would get to sleep on it. I don't think the OP's 13 year old child will have a problem unless they are unusually tall or unusually picky when it comes to their bed.

My teenage son slept on it but he is 5'6 and 120 pounds. I could not imagine myself having to sleep on that thing but for the kids it is fine.

CBR Murphy mattress: 30 x 64
Standard Crib mattress: 27 x 52
Standard Twin mattress: 39 x 74

It's larger than a crib mattress. My 17 year old 5'11" son slept on it for 7 nights. We packed an air mattress because of our concerns about the murphy bed but in the end all 3 of our kids argued over who would get to sleep on it. I don't think the OP's 13 year old child will have a problem unless they are unusually tall or unusually picky when it comes to their bed.

Note that I said they were not much bigger, not that they were the same size as a crib mattress. They fold downs are not much bigger than crib sized. Also, the "standard' for a crib mattress is between 27 5/8 and 28 5/8 wide, 51/34 and 53 inches long.

I'm still struggling with how someone 5'11 comfortably slept on a mattress 5'4. I'm 5'8, and there is no way I would sleep on it. And yes, I have seen them in person.

Last edited:
I checked at least a dozen mattress companies and the majority listed sizes as:
- CRIB 28-29" x 52-53"
- TWIN 39" x 75"

If the CBR Murphy Bed is 30" x 64" then it's width is not much more than a crib mattress (1-2") and it's length while 11-12" longer than a crib mattress, it is no where near a twin mattress length which is 11" longer than that. I think overall, if my rusty math is right, twins have 7 more square feet of space than the murphy. Can not be compared.

Bottom line all that doesn't matter - what does matter is comfort. The murphy bed has a 64" mattress = 5' 4" so I am assuming if you are anything over that your legs were hanging off the end. But it has to be at an angle since both ends have a dresser against them?

So you all had 5' 11" and 5' 6" bodies sleeping on 5' 4" with no way to even stretch out due to the dressers? That does not sound very comfortable to me unless you sleep bunched up all night long.

I think the murphys are great and a huge plus to the resort and families of 5 (which I am) but I would only put a child on them that is under 5' 4". Disney designed the murphy with small mattresses and the dressers at each end because they aren't planning on older kids or adults sleeping there. Whatever works for folks, it is fine for those that do that - but I would hate for a family with a teen to book it thinking it's like a twin bed when it's not a twin, not even close.

I agree with Hopperfan this is not a twin bunk like in the deluxe AKL, BC, POLY and YC. it is a nice add on for young kids and my 6 yo granddaughter loved the bed but I would not have wanted to sleep in the bunk bed for our entire trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter