Carly and Kyle's Wedding TR!!! ~ 01/08/09 ~ WP/GF - Wedding Day!!!

Hey, I have been quietly stalking your blog and posts for a while. Congratulations. Just wanted to let you know that I used your Roots pics and slide show to convince my FDH that we have to have the Roots. :flower3: Thanks so much for the blog and PJ!

Great reviews! And so exciting! That picture in your avatar of the rings is simple stunning! I am in love!!! Can't wait to read more!

Beautiful pictures!!! Can't wait to read more!
Can you post the link to your blog? I never got to it... :rolleyes:

No prob - http://budgetdisneywedding.blogspot.com :)

Love, love, love the pictures! Absolutely amazing! For the ring picture; did you have those crystals there and they just ran with the idea?

Yeah, they just scooped up a handful of crystals from the centerpieces and went out into the hall to play. The gorgeous dress shot is another thing they set up without any of us noticing. I can't wait to see what they did with our other "props"!

Thanks, everyone, for the sweet comments...I keep checking but so far they haven't finished the rest of our pictures. I told Kyle that if they don't finish them until Tuesday I'm taking the day off from work so that I can comb through them! ;) I need to get back to my TR before this thread becomes nothing but a declaration of my undying love for Nathan and Jensey Root.

Before then, though, I've been debating changing my review of Anna, my makeup person. On the one hand, I still think I don't really look the way I wanted to, but on the other hand the makeup and everything looks nice in the pictures. Plus, a lot of brides have been reporting in that they paid much more for their makeup and hair, so it looks like I got a deal? I'm thinking maybe I was too hard on her...

Ok, back to the trip report...at least until I get more Root photos!

So continuing the story of everything that happened in the days before we left, we'll look at my favorite last minute project. And when I say last minute, I really mean last minute! On the afternoon of the day before we left, I realized that we didn't have any programs for the ceremony. It was one of those things that I had assumed would happen, but that never had. We could have sneaked by without programs, but I actually really like getting wedding programs. I like trying to figure out which attendant is which and keeping track of how much longer I'm going to have to sit there. So, I really wanted us to have programs. Of course, since it was 3 P.M. and our plane left the next day at 6 A.M., I had sort of run out of time.

A little bit of back story - also simmering on the back burner was a spool of ribbon that I picked up at an after-christmas sale. It was perfect for our wedding colors, so I bought it and then realized I had no idea what to do with it. It was really wide, wire-edged ribbon...not the kind that you can wrap gifts with or use to tie to anything. I tried to incorporate it into the centerpieces, but failed miserably. So, the ribbon lay neglected on the kitchen table, topping off a large pile that I like to call "what the hell did I buy that for, anyway?"

In a flash of last-minute inspiration, I went home that night and designed a one-sided, one-page program that could be printed on cardstock, folded up, and wrapped with the ribbon. I unabashedly cruised other Disney Brides' trip reports and copied their designs for their programs. I then added in a little bit of artwork from the early days of wedding plan and voila!

I must say, I'm pretty proud of them, myself!

Picture2-2.png

100_4756.jpg

100_4755.jpg

100_4757.jpg

n1448202964_30224728_5137.jpg

Carly,

Oh my goodness, your photos are so beautiful! I'm off to check out some more. I've been to your blog several times, but boy have I missed a lot. Your programs are adorable. I love the ribbon. Can't wait to read and see more.

Carly your pics are amazing hun!!!! SO beautiful!!!!!!

Here are more things that I ended up putting together the night before we left...

Attendant Gifts

We were totally and completely stumped when it came to attendant gifts. Some of the things that we thought of were:

* Books for each with commemorative wedding bookmarks (couldn't think of a book)
* Flasks for boys and bracelets for girls (didn't work so well for my little brother not all of my girls are the bracelet type)
* Disney gift cards (seemed really...like we were paying them to be there)
* Disney pins (at least half would have gone unappreciated...if not all...)
* Mickey hats with their names stitched on the back (Kyle voted it down...boo!!!...)

So after everything was said and done (and our budget had been stretched to the max) we did different gifts for the boys and the girls. Our boys (the groomsmen and bridesmen) all got the white tie that they wore in the wedding and these little bags.

100_4731.jpg

100_4734.jpg

I admit that they are totally random. I was at Target, quietly panicking about finding 10 groomsmen gifts, when I saw these toys in the birthday party aisle. I don't know, it's just one of those things. When in doubt, reach out to those inner children with some cheap plastic items. I picked them up, tossed in some candy, put them in a pastry bag (50 for $4!) and voila - groomsman gifts. Kyle wrote out a nice note to each and stuck it in the bag. I admit, we did a budget-stupid thing by buying printed Thank You bags from the Target wedding aisle. $10 for 12! If I had thought ahead, I could have made 12 for about $4. C'est la vie...I suppose I can't really pay off my student debt $6 at a time...

The girls got more randomness. I had been aquiring stuff from the Target $1 bins for a long time. If you time it right, you can go when the $1 stuff is all 75% and since it's usually a bunch of Disney stuff for a quarter I tend to clean up! I had saved a really random selection of things, so that's what the girls got. Each got a small metal lunchbox with either Dumbo or Bambi on it and inside I gave them a bunch of Sephora beauty samples, a Knot.com nail file (scored at one of those wedding shows), a couple of chocolates, a wedding fortune cookie key chain (the whole I'm-Chinese thing), and some Go Smile brightener for the wedding. They also got little feet brushes, glass slipper lip gloss, a packet of Kleenex, and their hoodie.

100_4740.jpg

100_4736.jpg

100_4735.jpg

I also stuck in a note thanking each for being at the wedding. It was a nice little package, but each cost me less than $5! It might be tacky to be happy about not spending much on a gift, but I swear that a lot of thought went into it between collecting specific samples for each and making all those hoodies. I suppose I can't say the same thing for the boys, but they know I love them!

Flower Girl Gift

Kaitlyn got a special gift. In addition to her little lunchbox full of candy, her kleenex, her lip gloss, and her foot brush, she got a real lunchbox and a special present. The lunchbox was actually something that my mom had picked up for a couple of bucks at some sale and it was the perfect size.

100_4743.jpg

100_4751.jpg

The special gift was bought at an after-christmas sale. It was Belle in her wedding gown and unfortunately it was the only one or I would have bought one for myself.

100_4745.jpg

My favorite part is little Chip as the ring bearer. How cute is that?

100_4749.jpg

Girl Gifts

At some point when I was little I went to a baby shower and the hostess had made me a special little package with small toys and candy. I remember LOVING that I had gotten a special treat, so I made three little packages for the three little girls who were coming to our reception and filled them with more of those 25 cent Target bargain bin finds. We gave them out at the reception and they were a big hit!

100_4727.jpg

100_4730.jpg

Vendor Gifts

I also wanted to do something for the vendors, so I wrote each of them a note and put together little bags of Buckeyes with a card explaning about them. For those who aren't from Ohio, Buckeyes are (in addition to being the OSU mascot) little chocolate peanut butter candies and they're famous around here. I thought it would be a nice local touch.

100_4758.jpg

100_4760.jpg

Cute, aren't they? Well, they were a big freakin' waste because somehow they got LOST with the cards I'd written out sometime between the morning of the wedding and the reception. They were returned to me when the wedding was pretty much over, so Kyle and I brought them home and are in the process of eating them ourselves. We almost mailed them out, but since they got kind of melty and squashed on the way home, they would have sent a funny message. Oh well...a tip from me to you: keep track of those vendor gifts and don't let anyone check them at the valet along with your day clothes and hair straightener!

The real trip report begins tomorrow!

I LOVE the artwork!!!! I was considering using one of df pictures hes drawn of mickey for our grooms cake!!

What wonderful Ideas I am loving reading your PJ!!

Aww what cute thoughtful gifts for the vendors!

Yay! It's time to actually start talking about the trip. I warn you now...I have a tendency to go on and on and on...but I'll try to add in lots of pretty pictures where I can...

Day One (Saturday) – Part One

We woke up at 4:30AM on Saturday morning. I had printed out our itinerary the night before and had a general sense that our plane left around 6:30, but being completely neurotic I always like to arrive at the airport really early. Our friend Grey, who is our official drive-us-to-the-airport friend, showed up at 4:45 (bless his heart) and we ran around like headless chickens trying to get everything into the car.

We had woken up a little by the time we got to the airport (10 min drive) but apparently we hadn’t woken up enough because when we got to the check-in kiosk we realized two things: 1) I had left my wallet attached to the keys in the ignition of the car Grey was driving back to our apt and 2) We had forgotten one of our bags. This really just points to my insane state of mind. I usually check, re-check, and triple-check EVERYTHING before we fly anywhere. I don’t think I’ve forgotten a bag for anything in my life and here we were, with Kyle and Grey doing 80 MPH back to our place and me chewing my nails to stubs in front of the Delta check-in desk.

By the time Kyle came back with the lost bag and my wallet, it was 5:45. I wasn’t worried about it because that left us almost an hour before our flight and the Columbus airport isn’t exactly LAX. However, when we went to check in, we were denied. It turns out that I had printed out the itinerary for our February trip to Napa (for which our flight leaves at 6:45 AM) whereas our flight to WDW was leaving at 6:00 AM. Delta has a strict “check in 30 min prior to the flight” policy…something about luggage or some other inconvenient crap.

The total cow behind the kiosk shrugged and told us to get in the GIANT we-have-issues line. Luckily, we were saved by two things. One was that I started to get that whole trembling lip thing that signals tears. The other is that my sweet husband-to-be had his Mickey groom ears on and so we were attracting positive attention. One of the Delta agents, who will be now referred to as our Delta Guardian Angel (DGA), came over and quickly rebooked us on a flight that was leaving at 7:30 AM. It meant a difference of only an hour from when we would have gotten there originally. After thanking her profusely, we made our way to the gate.

Of course, the drama did not end there. We sat at the gate for about ten minutes before they made an announcement that something was wrong with the plane. Then, ten minutes after that, they made another announcement. Apparently, the Columbus airport has one mechanic…and they keep him on call…but for some reason they couldn’t find him at home…at 6:10 in the morning…

0103090649-715584.jpg

So, we sat and sat and sat. The captain kept coming back on to let us know that they still couldn’t find him. Kyle stood in line with his Mickey ears on, but since there were about 40 other people in line, there wasn’t much that the guy at the podium could do. So, Kyle went off in search of Starbucks and I sat and left angry blogs about how much I hate Delta. Then, suddenly, DGA appeared out of nowehere. Apparently they had called her up to help with all the chaos and she spotted me in the crowd. She called me up to the podium and then grabbed one of my bags and took off! I scurried after her and she rapidly walked me to another gate while slipping me new boarding passes and whispering that I needed to keep hushed about our new arrangements because everyone else would be irritated if they knew we’d been rebooked. Not only did she rebook us magically (for the second time!), she put us in first class on a flight that was leaving in ten minutes. Kyle booked it back from Starbucks and off we went to Atlanta!

0103090806-746039.jpg

The flight from Atlanta to Orlando found us back in coach, but at least we were in an exit row. It was actually pretty nice because it was a big plane and it was mostly empty, except for the occasional rowdy family. One such family was behind me and the stewardess did the cutest thing. She took all the boys up to meet the pilot in the cockpit. I thought they stopped doing that sort of stuff in the eighties, but off they went, following her like the Lost Boys.

The cuteness factor was taken down a notch when there was an incessant dinging that started after they went up front and rang throughout the entire plane. At first we laughed about how they must be having fun up there with all the buttons, but after what was seriously about ten minutes of dinging we were starting to curse under our breath. Suddenly, another stewardess came and started fidgeting with my armrest. I wasn’t touching it at all, but when she fidgeted with it the dinging stopped. When she walked away I turned to Kyle and said “that was weird”. It was at that point that he confessed that he had accidentally had his elbow on the attendant-call-button for that whole time and had only realized it when she came over to see why our seats were dinging. Yeah…

Since we were in an exit row, we ended up sitting across from the stewardess who was in the jump seat. She turned out to be really chatty and she just kept talking and talking for the whole flight, which was sort of nice because she made it fly by. At the end of the flight, she snuck us a bottle of red wine, warning us not to show any other passengers. (Apparently, Delta employees can only be nice to passengers as long as they don’t tell anyone)…

We made it from the airport to Pop Century with absolutely no drama whatsoever. I love that we don’t have to pick up our luggage anymore. We were just whisked off to WDW for our fairytale…

OMG!!!! What a day!!!! Thank goodness for your DGA!!! That was so sweet of all of them. I am lovng your TR so far...

Well it started off touch and go but then turned out awesome! The Disney Magic was already around you guys. Can't wait for the rest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter