Carly and Kyle's PJ: (01/08/09) WP + GF

Discussion in 'Planning our Happily Ever After' started by thatdisneygirl, Sep 22, 2008.

1. thatdisneygirl

thatdisneygirl Mouseketeer

I keep losing my PJ in the other forum so I thought I'd just start a new one in here. To be fair, I'm not very far along with the other one (since I can never find it!) so there isn't a lot to move over...

2. thatdisneygirl

Introduction:

3. thatdisneygirl

The dress:

4. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  5. thatdisneygirl

Newsletters:

6. thatdisneygirl

(insert major break from PJ posting here...)

7. thatdisneygirl

Flowers + crafts:

8. thatdisneygirl

Bridal Party Newsletter:

9. thatdisneygirl

There, all of my planning on one page...hmm, I've been a bad little DISbride, haven't I? I'm working hard on the invitations, so hopefully I'll have new stuff to share son. :bride:

10. Disneylove1228

Disneylove1228 Livin' the dream <3

Carly,
    OMG! Your stuff is all so freaken cute!!! :goodvibes I LOVE your newsletter, your dress, your hair and makeup is beautiful! :) I can't wait to see more!!!
    Subscribing!

11. thatdisneygirl

thanks!

12. camara381

camara381 DIS Veteran

Hi there, I have been following your closely, but I am so glad you updated your PJ!!!! Everything looks awesome.

13. padisneyfour

padisneyfour DIS Veteran

everything looks wonderful... the flowers are beautiful congrats and getting them...your dress and veil looks great. I love the detail at the waist.... looking forward to hearing more....:goodvibes

14. thatdisneygirl

thank you!

I've been working slowly but surely on the invitations. It's such a massive process because we have so many pieces! I decided to do some of the inserts before I tackled the actual invitation itself - kind of a walk before you run approach.

The RSVPs for the two off-property receptions are vintage Disney postcards that I got off of eBay. I ended up hand-writing the RSVP information. I was worried that it was going to make the whole thing informal, but I also wanted to keep that whole "postcard vibe".

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm still going to have to put labels on the back of some of the postcards because they had writing on them when we got them, but at the moment I have about 60 RSVP cards finished. The RSVPs for the Disney wedding are different and I haven't done them yet. (Like I said, soooo many pieces!)

I also stamped the back of our engagement pictures. I got our pics from mpix.com, which I highly recommend. They were a great price and they came quickly. It's nice to have them on professional paper, too, instead of the typical glossy supermarket prints. I stamped the back of each one with an address stamp that I had set to our wedding date.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's from VistaPrint and it was free, actually. Little known fact: VistaPrint will send you a free sample of a customized item in the hopes of getting you to buy a bunch of them. I have this stamp, a stack of post-its that say "Carly and Kyle", and a t-shirt with our wedding date that I use to work out in.

All for now. I should be getting more done tonight. Kyle and I are having our "night in" which used to mean a bottle of wine, an old movie, and a lot of cuddling. Then we found out that we actually wanted to spend our nights in doing our own thing (him = xbox, me = wedding). We were just doing the other thing to make the other person happy! (don't worry, we still cuddle with old movies...but now it's more like a monthly event)

15. alexandra enchanted

alexandra enchanted Earning My Ears

I think your ring is so beautiful and unique. It's nice to have a ring that you don't see on everyone else's finger. I'm with you though on wearing the bands early, only I can't right now as it came with my e-ring and only my engagement ring was the right size :confused3

16. adisneygal

adisneygal DIS Veteran

Everything looks awesome! I want to thank you. My BFF is going to get ordained and be our officiant. I got the idea off your blog. :thumbsup2

17. thatdisneygirl

thank you! I love it. What were they thinking when they sent you yours?...:confused3 Kyle does get comments on his ring when people realize that we aren't married yet, but he absolutely loves wearing it (and showing it off!)

That's so cool! I desperately wanted one of Kyle's groomsmen to get ordained and marry us because I wanted to save the money AND the guy is a theater-type person, so I thought he'd be perfect. All of our parents balked at the idea, though. Not getting married in a church was one thing, but...

Of course, when you think about it, you get to share this special, amazing thing with your BFF and I get to share it with Rev. Kev, who I wouldn't know from Adam! :laughing:

18. thatdisneygirl

hmm...small update to warn other brides - that vistaprint stamp I used was super easy and convenient, but the ink is still wet! I did them around 6PM...so let's see...that was about 16 hours ago...can't use my table until they're finished...hmm...

19. alexandra enchanted

alexandra enchanted Earning My Ears

Well apparently DF bought them, and after speaking with my mom realized it was the wrong size. He went back to the store and only resized the e-ring and not the band to make sure that the size really did fit me.

What kind of comments does he receive? I told Jon today, "you know there's this couple on the disboards that wear their rings already... I think that's so cute, we should too!" haha but I figured there would be people giving him/us negative comments I guess.

20. thatdisneygirl

Actually Kyle hasn't had negative comments, as far as I know. When he first started wearing it, I thought that the guys would give him crap for being "whipped" or something, but everyone thinks it's really cool. The married guys like to compare rings, the single guys like to try it on, and all the girls think Kyle's a sweetheart for wearing it early. The only problems he's had is when he tells people that he's going to get married and they're confused because they assume that we've already had the wedding.

I would totally recommend getting your guy to wear the ring! Not only will he get used to it faster, but it's such a good way to feel connected when we aren't together. Plus, when we are together we do this thing where we put our rings together and say "ring powers unite" like superheroes and then we...oh, wait...did I say that out loud?...

21. thatdisneygirl

Ok, more headway on the invitations. I have some sort of weird killer cold that only started this morning, so I was pretty much housebound all day. That led to me getting things done on the invitations...so, good for colds, I guess?...

I've been trying to figure out how to dress my invitations up. I have blue pocket folds from Envelopments and I know that a lot of people add ribbon that wraps around or have square cards on the front of them. I tried both of those, but I didn't come up with anything I like. I really wanted to have a belly band when I originally was picturing my invitations, so I decided to just do belly bands on the outside of the pocket fold, even though they don't really need them. I have ribbon that I bought at Costco last January...probably within a week of our deciding to have a Disney wedding. I thought this ribbon was so pretty, it ended up being the catalyst for choosing Cinderella blue as our wedding color.

[​IMG]

Of course, at the time I had no idea what I was going to do with it, but I figured that if I did belly bands I could at least incorporate it into something. So I was messing around with the ribbon and the pocket fold today, trying to figure out what I was doing, when I noticed something. The ribbon has three different sizes of glittery blue circles on it and it's probably a Disney thing, but when I see circles in different sizes, I just want to do this:

[​IMG]

And then I loved it. Of course, I had to cut three circles out of the ribbon (which was kind of a pain in the butt) just to do this one invitation and I have a 100 invitations to do, so clearly that was a silly idea...

A silly idea I so went with:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I just have to figure out where to put them now. I kind of like them in the corner of the pocket part, but I could center them if that would be more aesthetic. Of course, I could have saved myself a lot of time (right about three hours) if I had just used my large Mickey punch and punched some shapes out of glittery blue paper, but I was happy as a clam in front of the couch watching DVDs and cutting circles. I'm glad I spent three years getting a law degree so I could hang out on a Wednesday and do this kind of stuff. :roll: Plus, I had a ton of ribbon because I got it from Costco and there's still plenty left for the belly bands.

[​IMG]

So, what do you think? Where should I put them? I think it's going to be strictly a one mickey head per invitation situation, because I am not about to cut out another 300 circles.