Caribe Royale Questions

taylor1293

Do you want to build a snowman?
We just returned from WDW a couple of days ago. While there, we drove by this place and really liked it.

Has anyone stayed there? Did you enjoy your stay? Is it a good place for a 2 and 8 yr old?

We stayed at HIFS and LOVED it and most likely will return there. However, our older DD really wanted a pool with a slide so I want to research other hotels before we make a final decision.

Thanks!

Teresa

Stayed there in June - weren't really impressed. The pool slide is nothing to get excited about. I wish we had stayed at PO or CS.

DH & I stayed there in Oct. 2000 and loved it. The extra room in the suites is very nice. Our rate included the buffet breakfast which was large enough that we didn't need lunch. Good shuttle service. If we hadn't got a great rate for the Vistana Resort this time, we would have stayed there again.

Stayed here last June and was very disappointed. Got a great rate from Mousesavers and still felt that I overpaid.

The room was supposed to be large enough to accomodate 6. That was under the assumption that the pull out sofa was usable. We needed to use it and it was awful. We ended up sleeping on the floor. I know we could of called the front desk and requested another room, but at 1 AM, we didn't feel like dragging our 4 tired children to another room.

The house keeping wasn't very good either. Even the carpets in the lobby could of used a good vacuuming.

The free breakfast was tasteless. Everything was pre-packaged and sticky. I have a problem with sticky old donuts.

I would much rather stay at an AS resort.

Thank you all for your replies. I appreciate hearing your reviews good and not so good!

Lucikly we still have plenty of time to plan!

Thanks again!

Just returned from CR (our second time). Found it to be as enjoyable as we remembered. Very clean - no problems with our housekeeping or in the maitenance of the hotel's public areas. Have yet to find ANY pull-out couch that is like sleeping on a regular bed. 2 adults - 2 teens in our room and had adequate space. Enjoyed having a living area if someone went into the bedroom to nap. Very convenient having micro and fridge (bought own munchies and drinks at the grocery store to have aroung the pool and in room). Thought breakfast was good with a nice variety of things. Didn't see any pre-packaged foods or sticky donuts, just freshly made scramble eggs, sausage/bacon/ or ham, grits, biscuits with gravy, hot rolls, danish, crossants, pancakes or french toast (which isn't always the best because its kept hot in a steamer). All adequate to keep us going until dinner time. I honestly don't know what some people expect from a FREE breakfast, esp. for the price your paying for a large 2 room suite compared to what you get a a DW value resort. Stayed at Asm a year ago and got a small, cramped room with peeling wallpaper, stained rugs, no fridge or micro, no bkfst., and a small crowded pool with tons a screaming teens (they attract a lot of school groups) NO THANKS!

From Captbligh's description, I find it hard to believe we are talking about the same place. I agree, that a free meal is that - a free meal. And usually, I don't expect much. But the food was particularly gross. I travel a lot (all over the US) and this hotel was a disappointment. On a rating from 1-10, I would give it a 6.

The first night of our trip we stayed at the Amerisuites - Calypso Cay. It was wonderful and LESS expensive. We had a very comfortable nights sleep on a sofa bed. The breakfast was very good - although continental. The hotel's lobby and our room was spotless. I would give this hotel an 8+.

Maybe I can help w/the 2 opinions on the breakfast. There is a very large buffet breakfast in the main dining area which very much satisfied our picky family of four every day. Our stay at the Caribe has always been excellent. On the other hand, a small "coffe and donuts" b-fast is served in the lobby of each tower in the mornings also for those who chose not to have the big buffet breakfast. Maybe that is what the "stale donuts" is about.

We also stayed at CR and did not enjoy it. Even though we had a discount rate--I felt we overpaid. The breakfast was nothing impressive and was very unorganized with small children wandering all over the place (not CR's fault) and picking things up with their hands. Our room location took forever to find--especially at 11:00pm with the hotel half empty!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter