Caribbean Beach... Thoughts on it?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by sadi1104, Mar 5, 2013.

1. sadi1104

sadi1104 Earning My Ears

Are the pirate rooms in all the villages or are they just in a certain part of the resort? And the walk from a pirate room is far?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

The Pirate rooms are all in Trinidad South. Trinidad South is the farthest village from OPR and the main pool. It's a 10 minute stroll from the farthest point of Trinidad South. And it's about 6 minutes from the closer rooms. It's a beautiful stroll by the way.

4. sadi1104

sadi1104 Earning My Ears

That's not that bad! I think I have walked further at the AoA and POR!! lol thank you for letting me know! We are debating on a pirate room or just a reg. room!

5. lstylr

lstylr Mouseketeer

Stayed there a couple months ago, didn't really care for it. Double beds instead of queens, buses took forever, really thin walls and ceilings, loud construction/maintenance/landscaping/something every morning. The grounds are pretty though and nice pool.

6. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

You're welcome. We have not stayed in the Pirate rooms ourselves. But during our trip in 2011, upon request of friends of ours that were going to be in a Pirate Room 2 weeks after we came home, we took a walk over to Trinidad South and timed both ways for them. It really is a beautiful stroll. We usually take 2 resort days during our stays and just love to walk around the lake.

I hope you enjoy CBR as much as we do. It is our favorite moderate. The laid back and relaxed atmosphere is such a nice change from the craziness of the parks. We have always had great bus service. Since every village has it's own bus stop, you are never far from one. The only time we ever had to stand on a bus was coming home from MK after wishes. And that was before we started hanging around on a bench people watching to let the mass of people leave.

Though it's been years since the last room refurb, we have always had a very clean room with no obvious signs of wear. We've always had great mousekeepers too. Have a great trip!pixiedust: