Caribbean Beach Resort FAQ's Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need to call reservations and have them do a travel with. They will put a note in each reservation that you are traveling together. It is only a request but they will try to put you close together. If you want a connecting room that is a request they will try to honor.

I'm sure I've read this somewhere, but, as time sneaks up to our vacation (we leave this Saturday!!! YIPEE!), my mind is CRAZY with information overload!:upsidedow My question(s)...

Is there a gym/exercise facility at CBR? If not, are CBR guests allowed to go to another resort to use their facilities?

Also, since I'm here, any last tips/suggestions/comments/dirty looks (forget that last one... hehe) for our Disney vacation?

THANKS in advance!

I don't think there is an exercise facility. I did a few people jogging around the Promenade as I was walking for coffee in the morning.

As for the connecting rooms, our reservations were connected through AAA. I would have preferred non-connecting rooms and my parents got the corner room!

Thank you for the info on the conecting rooms, I would also like to ask you how to get ahold of the CBR to request such stuff as the conecting rooms, and preferred locations. Is there really that much difference in the preferred locations? Being we won't be in the rooms that much.

You would need to call reservations and have your requests noted in your reservation. There is a preferred category costing extra money nightly. They would be located in Trinidad North or Martinique. If you don't want to pay extra for a preferred location then ask for Jamaica or Aruba.

You need to call reservations and have them do a travel with. They will put a note in each reservation that you are traveling together. It is only a request but they will try to put you close together. If you want a connecting room that is a request they will try to honor.

Thanks for the info on the connecting rooms, I do have another question though, how do you get ahold of CBR to request the travel w/, and such things as the preferred locations? Is there really that much of a difference in the preferred locations, if we aren't really going to be spending that much time in the rooms?
Thanks
Suzette :rotfl:

I'm sure I've read this somewhere, but, as time sneaks up to our vacation (we leave this Saturday!!! YIPEE!), my mind is CRAZY with information overload!:upsidedow My question(s)...

Is there a gym/exercise facility at CBR? If not, are CBR guests allowed to go to another resort to use their facilities?

Also, since I'm here, any last tips/suggestions/comments/dirty looks (forget that last one... hehe) for our Disney vacation?

THANKS in advance!
So as far as the gym, there isn't one. You are allowed to visit facilities at any other WDW resort for what is supposed to be a $25 fee for your entire stay. However, on our recent trip we went to the Boardwalk's gym and were not charged by a very nice CM.

Thanks for the info on the connecting rooms, I do have another question though, how do you get ahold of CBR to request the travel w/, and such things as the preferred locations? Is there really that much of a difference in the preferred locations, if we aren't really going to be spending that much time in the rooms?
Thanks
If you booked through a TA then call the TA because she will have to update it. If you booked yourself Disney can connect you. And yes there is a big difference in preferred because it has to do with your location. Preferred locations are closest to Old Port Royale which is where the food court, restaurant and main pool are located.

Sorry, if this information is posted somewhere.

What are the showers like?
Just a standard shower head stuck to the wall or a removable one? Here at home we've got a removable one and the kids rarely take baths anymore. It's much easier to shower them off quick. We can control the spray better with the removable head instead of just standing under the spray.

Just wondering if they'll be have baths or showers on vacation.

Thanks,
Katie

Thanks
Any reservation info at any WDW resort has to go through the Central Reservations Office (407-W-DISNEY) rather than the individual resort.

At CBR, preferred location means being in one of the 6 buildings closest to Old Port Royale, the location of the food court/main pool/restaurant/outdoor bar/shops/arcade/water sports rentals. It's just a matter of having a shorter walk. Preferred location is something you pay extra for per night, and needs to be reserved rather than merely requested. Well, you COULD request it, but your odds aren't very good, as everyone who reserved and paid for it is in line ahead of you.

ENJOY CBR!

I will be at CBR for my birthday! Two glorious nights.

Anyhow, we probably won't arrive until about 9PM local time. I see that the pool is open until midnight...does that include the main pool? So does that mean they rope off the slide? What about the hot tub?

What time does shutters close? We could put off eating dinner if I knew it would still be open!

Thanks!

Here are some pictures of the main pool at night from our October '06 honeymoon at CBR....

100_0381.jpg

Wow! That really makes me want to go swimming at night now! It looks so refreshing after walking a long day in the parks! Thanks so much for posting!:woohoo:

Is there some way I can record some TV shows there in my room and watch them when we get back from a day/evening at the parks?
Just curious.

Is there some way I can record some TV shows there in my room and watch them when we get back from a day/evening at the parks?
Just curious.

There are no recording devices in any rooms at WDW except in CL levels and maybe DVC. They have DVD players, but I'm not sure that they record local connections.

Love the pictures for cbr. However, the pictures of the room that you have, Which island and building are those from and is that the standard room?
Thanks,

All the rooms at CBR are all decorated the same. The difference between standard and preferred is the location.

I'm trying to get my bearings here but I am one of those people who never know where they are or how they got there :confused3. Our flight home has changed :headache: and we are losing several hours on our last day. Now we are not going to have time to go to a park so I would like to go to a resort for breakfast. Is the Beach Club fairly close to CBR and is the travel time generally less than one hour? I would like to book a seating for Cape May around 10 AM and still have time to get back to the resort before 12:30.

We will be staying at CBR for the first time since 1998 over Thanksgiving. I have been reading and looking at every picture I can find and getting more excited every day:yay:

I do have a couple of questions. First, how do the non-preferred sections of Martinique compare time and distance wise to Old Port Royale with Jamaica and Aruba?

And, just out of curiosity, what color are the walls in the rooms. In some pictures they appear bright pink; in others white or somewhere in between. Just wondering:teeth:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter