Caribbean Beach question

anniemae

Either she is eating a delicious
HI Everyone,

I have a question about caribbean beach resort. Does anyone have an e-mail address so I can put in a request for a first floor room? We have a person in our party with a knee issue so we don't want to be on the second level. Also, we are trying to figure out the best location for getting to the food court area/bus stop of the hotel. We were thinking Martinique.

Any advice would be appreciated. I posted this question in the wrong forum last night, sorry!

Thanks!

HI Everyone,

I have a question about caribbean beach resort. Does anyone have an e-mail address so I can put in a request for a first floor room? We have a person in our party with a knee issue so we don't want to be on the second level. Also, we are trying to figure out the best location for getting to the food court area/bus stop of the hotel. We were thinking Martinique.

Any advice would be appreciated. I posted this question in the wrong forum last night, sorry!

Thanks!

You can just call CRO and have the request added to your reservation. That's your best bet. :goodvibes

I've always called and had the first floor request (for medical reasons) put on the reservation as soon as we book. I then call back about a week prior to arrival and make sure that the request is till noted.

As far as location goes, if you book a standard room, then I'd suggest either a room in Jamaica or a non-preferred room in Martinique (not all buildlings in Martinique are preferred). Our walks from both of those locations to OPR have been about 5 minutes.

Thanks everyone. I will try to find the reservations # and call them. We booked a vacation package and the price included a water view room, not sure where they are, but I know it can be a view of the pool.

Thanks everyone. I will try to find the reservations # and call them. We booked a vacation package and the price included a water view room, not sure where they are, but I know it can be a view of the pool.

you might be better off seeing if you can change to a preferred room from a waterview room. i do believe preferred is the same price as waterview, but please double check in case i am mistaken. if you booked preferred, you would be right next to the main pool and food court. thats what we did when we went to cbr in 2010. we were put in martinique 26. it was super close to the food court busstop and main pool. we just loved that location!!! just make sure to tell them you need to be on the first floor.

anniemae said:

Yes, I would change that to a preferred room, that way you will also be closest to the main building. We stayed there in 2009 and stayed in Martinique which is a preferred location. It was closest to the main building and there was also a bus stop very near by. I would also let them know you need a 1st floor room.

Sent from my GalaxyS II

HI Everyone,

Thanks!

First floor for medical reason should be noted on your reservation - call to have this added.

If you have someone with a knee problem and concerned about walking to the food court, I agree with others that a "preferred room" is better than a "waterview" room and it is likely the same cost. You can request a waterview, but make the "preferred" as the primary. Essentially, requests are "ranked" so to speak and 1 will be considered the "primary." You actually have 3 requests here (1st floor, preferred, waterview) but only 2 are booking categories at CBR, so changing the booking category to "preferred" with a request for waterview and notation of first floor due to medical reasons will be your best bet for getting what you want/need. In your situation - you could get a waterview that is at the furthest end of the resort; or reverse the requests and you could get a preferred room (near food court) that is not waterview.

In my experience, since CBR has multiple bus stops (1 for each island), none of the buildings are terribly far from a bus stop.

Enjoy your vacation!

Thanks everyone! I'll make sure to call tonight and I will ask about the possibility of preferred rooms too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter