Caribbean Beach FAQ part VI

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by safetymom, Jun 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tiggerella

Tiggerella Mouseketeer

Thanks!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

You're welcome. Sorry about the typo, I replied via my phone. I did mean to say there's no inside bar, not bat!:rotfl2:

4. Ginamarie

Ginamarie DIS Veteran

DSis and I are taking an impromptu trip to WDW in three weeks and will be back to Carribbean Beach for the first time in several years- looking forward to trying out this resort again!!

5. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

Whoohoo! Hope you have a magical time! pixiedust:

6. kmccain

kmccain DIS Veteran

I paid for a water view room. Does anyone know if that is the same price as preferred or King? I was wondering what to request. I may not request and take my chances. We have never been to CBR.

Thanks!

28 days! :cool1:

7. SplashMtnCrew

SplashMtnCrew DIS Veteran

Hi :)
    I am planning our first stay at CBR! I have a question about the bus stops... which way around do the buses pick up? I am going to assume that the bus stop at Barbados is first. :confused3
    TIA

8. mickeystoontown

mickeystoontown DIS Veteran

If the buses enter the resort via the side entrance, the first stop will be Jamaica, then on to Aruba, Barbados, Martinique, Old Port Royale, Trinidad North and Trinidad South will be last.

If they enter from the front entrance, the first stop will be Martinique, then on to Old Port Royale, Trinidad North, Trinidad South, Jamaica, Aruba and Barbados will be last.

9. SplashMtnCrew

SplashMtnCrew DIS Veteran

Thank You! I thought the bus route might help to decide which building(s) to request, but I guess you never know which way it will go. Thanks again!

10. mickeystoontown

You're welcome! We have stayed in Jamaica (x3), Aruba, Barbados and Martinique (x3) and have enjoyed each of our locations.

11. TeamTilson

TeamTilson O'hana

DD wanted AoA originally, but I'm saving $500 to come over to CBR :woohoo:! Her only request in a resort "It has to have a theme!"

Anyone have luck with using a grocery delivery service to CBR? We had it for Poly last year and found it be a good deal for our family! (saved on breakfast and snacks!)

Also, for a first-timer to CBR and for a daughter who loves the pool, which bldg do you recommend to be closest to the the pool?

Has anyone ever had a "bad view" from their standard room view?

12. mickeystoontown

We've used Garden Grocer several times and each time the service has been excellent. They left our order with Bell Services and the cold items were kept refrigerated for us. Bell Services brought the items to our room once we were in the room.

I think that our favorite standard location was in Jamaica. We've been in Jamaica three times and, each time, the walk to the main pool was about 5 minutes at a leisurely pace.

I have a lot of pictures posted over on the CBR picture thread including our "standard view" room views. The views weren't bad at all!

13. TeamTilson

TeamTilson O'hana

Thank you so much!

I'm worried that we'll be overwhelmed with the size of this resort!

14. mickeystoontown

The longest walk that we had was from our building in one of the furthest Barbados buildings and it was 7 1/2 minutes and that was walking behind a couple with a double stroller who were walking slowly. My mother, who is 78, has stayed at the CBR twice (when she was 76 and 77) and had no problems with any of the walks around the resort so I'm sure you'll be fine with the size.

15. happymomof1

happymomof1 DIS Veteran

Another thing to keep in mind when wondering how long a walk is, is to consider how scenic and really lovely it can be. We have stayed in a pirate room(so, one of the furthest buildings from the food court) and walked to the pool or to get food each day. I can honestly say, it was SOOOOO NICE! We had a rental car, so we could have driven, but it is way to beautiful of a walk! It's next to the sand/water, gorgeous tropical plants and flowers, sparkling quiet pools and it just winds around to where you need to get to. So nice! I think I remember Caribbean music near the outdoor eating area somewhere not far from the pool and pool bar. So fun! You just font get a walk like that at home everyday! It's truly something to be enjoyed!

16. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

Very well said and couldn't agree more!:thumbsup2

17. tink1972

tink1972 Earning My Ears

anyone have a recent recreation schedule? pool activities, movies, campfire? going feb15-18, might be too cold for pool but just checking!

18. wickedgood

wickedgood Earning My Ears

I'm heading to the Caribbean Beach Resort this weekend and I have some quick questions (It's my first trip to Disney, so bear with me!):

1. I didn't request a specific village. Is it too late to do that? If not, how should I do it?

2. The Banana Cabana does not serve food, correct? Can you get food "to-go" from the food court and bring it to the bar?

3. How much seating is there at the Banana Cabana? I'd like to watch the AFC Championship game there on Sunday night if possible.

Thanks!

19. mickeystoontown

1) I would call and make your requests today.

2) You can get items from the food court to go. Simply ask the servers who will put a lid on your items and give you a bag to carry everything in.

3) I don't remember there being a lot of seating at the bar but there are lots of other chairs and tables around that you could possible watch from. I can't say for sure since we've never watched the television at the bar.

20. nessz79

nessz79 DIS Veteran

So happy to have officially booked CBR for this June! We'll be there for a short end-of-the-school-year trip, using up the last of our FL Weekday Seasonal Pass before it starts the blackout dates. CBR has a lot of nostalgia for me and my own family has been there once before. We are all looking forward to going in June as the last time we were there it was one of the coldest Decembers we remember having in Florida and we didn't get to enjoy the pool much at all (we had 1 day before it got cold and we spend a short time in the big pool).

21. mickeystoontown

June will be a great time to swim and lounge around at the resort. They now show nightly movies and have marshmallow roasts (both weather permitting).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.