Caribbean Beach FAQ part VI

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by safetymom, Jun 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. patclairesmom

patclairesmom Mouseketeer

Thanks for the Christmas pictures. We are thinking of staying at CBR resort next Dec and I've been trying to find pictures of the resort decorated.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. maxiesmom

maxiesmom The Mean Squinty Eye Works

I just want to mention to you all something frustrating that happened to me during my stay at CBR last week. I wanted to have a taxi pick us up in the morning to take us to an early ADR. Having asked about it on the other CBR thread I knew they would come to the circle drive nearest your location to pick you up.

However, when I called the lady on the phone stated they would not come by our room to pick us up, that we had to go to the main building to be picked up. I asked her if she was sure, and she said yes, it was right on her notes. CBR only picks up at the main building. I told her thanks but no thanks, and hung up the phone. I was a little miffed as I had been assured that the taxi could come by our building and pick us up. The whole point was to save time in the morning, and having to hike or bus to the main building is definitely not a time saver. So I had my nephew call back. And wouldn't you know, they told him it was no problem to swing by our building, that we just had to be waiting at the nearest circle drive.:rolleyes2

So everything turned out ok, the taxi driver was waiting for us right where I though he would be. However it is pretty annoying to be told two different things by the same taxi company:mad: I knew the people on the Dis would not give me bad info . I just wanted to give everyone a heads up if they want to get a taxi while staying at CBR. If you don't like what they tell you at first, hang up and call back!

4. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

Jamaica 45, Aruba 51 and Martinique 22 are the closest standard rooms.

Nope.

If I remember correctly there is a height requirement. And I think it's under 48" are allowed in the splash area. I am not 100% sure though.

5. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

I'm so glad everything worked out. It's a good thing to have solid information for situations like this. Going over to the Custom House would definitely not be a time saver.:thumbsup2

6. mom2taylorandemily

mom2taylorandemily Not so patiently waiting our next trip to Disney..

Subbing in. We were there 12/11-12/19. Had a great trip at CBR, had a couple of problems while we were there, but none related to CBR. DME didn't deliver our envelope, so I called and they somehow had our departure date as being 12/21 and we have no idea where that date came from, but we got it straight. Also, DH ate something that didn't agree with him one day and got terribly ill for several hours, felt a bit icky the next day, but was fine once he got moving. No one else caught it, so I don't think it was a bug or anything. Anyway, we didn't let it slow us down any. We had a really good time, DD celebrated her Sweet 16!

7. mickeystoontown

mickeystoontown DIS Veteran

I was able to apply the new Disney Visa promo to our existing May, 2013 reservation and saved $637! :cool1:

8. bigbabyblues

bigbabyblues DIS Veteran

Yay for discounts! I was able to get it too, and we added two extra nights on and still saved from our original price!

9. mickeystoontown

Don't you just love it when you get to add days to your vacation and STILL save money!?!:banana:

10. Wishes2you

Wishes2you Mouseketeer

This will be our 2nd trip to Disney and since we enjoyed our 1st time staying at CBR we decided to stay here again. We arrive on Jan. 7th and will be staying until the 15th. Myself, DH, DD and DD-boyfriend are looking forward to our trip. Can anyone tell me how much the refillable mugs cost now and if anyone has a photo of them could you post it. Thanks.

11. crusoe2

crusoe2 DIS Veteran

I saw mention of a 48 inch height limit for the kiddie pool. Can anyone tell me for sure if this is accurate and how strict they are about enforcing it? My 10yo DD is about 54 inches tall now and we're not going back till June. So she's bound to be at least 6 inches past that limit. One of her primary reasons for wanting to stay at CBR again is to get to play in the kiddie pool at least one more time before she's too tall for it. She'll be so disappointed if she's already over the limit. But I'd rather she find out now than after we get there.

12. Tink415

Tink415 DIS Veteran

Earlier this month the mugs cost $15 + change and were the same ones with pool scene, black, blue or pink lids.

13. shpdem

shpdem Mouseketeer

Can somebody tell me where the best place to see the epcot fireworks are at cbr.

14. caper4

caper4 Earning My Ears

So, here we are on Day 10 of our stay at CBR Building 45(closest to the bus stop) and got all 3 requests..lots of pixie dust. Got the Jamaica building, top floor(only 2 and only stairs :<)) and a corner room so we have 2 windows. Negative and I have to mention this, is the condensation on the windows. Not only does none of our Christmas decorations stick(so daughter put them on the outside) but worse my son has been sick since a few days after we arrived. The condensation runs down the to the window sill, down the wall, soaks the carpet and guess what, mold between the wall and carpet. :<(((....they'd put a huge machine in the room to dry the carpet but my guess is until there is a revamp, this will continue. Son is now on antibiotics. He has asthma and this has just made it worse. We still have 4 days of vacation left. Yes, I did go to concierge but got a so sorry...hmmmm ok.

15. mickeystoontown

We've watched the fireworks from several places within the resort. The Martinique beach and the Old Port Royale courtyard seem to be the best locations to watch. You can't see all of the fireworks but can see the higher ones.

I hate to hear that your son has been sick. We stayed in a hotel in Tennessee over the Thanksgiving holiday and the windows did the same thing there. Hope that the rest of your vaction goes well.

16. staticgirl50

staticgirl50 Mouseketeer

super excited to be leaving soon! Although this may be my least prepared trip ever.

17. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

I hope you have a magical stay!

18. staticgirl50

staticgirl50 Mouseketeer

Thanks! I am sure we will!

19. DannyDisneyFreak

DannyDisneyFreak Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

We will be ariving at the CBR on 1/10/13 after our cruise. I am planning on calling tomorrow to put in our room requests. I'm hoping to get Jamaica 45, Aruba 51 or Martinique 22 and was going to request a corner bottom floor. I was wondering your reason for a 2nd floor? Is it quieter? Just wondering. I didnt want to have to bother with stairs with our luggage and we will have my son's stroller everyday.

I hope you son feels better and the rest of your stay is enjoyable.

20. bigbabyblues

bigbabyblues DIS Veteran

If we had a stroller, I would not request second floor because I wouldn't want to have to carry it up and down the stairs.

21. creamypuffs

creamypuffs Mouseketeer

Anyone know if the pool slides allow parent to slide with toddler? Some waterparks are really strict about not letting parent and child go together...just curious if the life guards at CBR would care.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.