Caribbean Beach FAQ part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
delilah18 said:
Two quick questions

1. Are the stairs very slippery when climbing them?

2 Are the buildings well lit when coming back at night especially the stair cases and are there any pics?

Thanks

No they are not slippery at all. And as maxiesmom said the buildings are very well lit at night.

I was wondering if anyone can tell me more about the pirate rooms

1. Has anyone found the beds comfortable any pics of the mattress ?

2. We will have a car so could we just drive to the old port royale for food or to the main pool? If we found the walk long with little ones?

Thanks

u get a room assigned before you check in?

They are assigned a few days out. However, the CMs can still shuffle things around a bit, if someone arrives before you and wants what they have pre-assigned to you.

Thanks for the reply! :goodvibes Just checked in online. 20 days until I find out what the Room Assignment Gods have bestowed upon us. :thumbsup2

Query about online check in. Never done this. So, I have 5 day basic passes that I need to get upgraded once we arrived at WDW. Can I still check in online and then do that.

For the upgrade of the passes - anyone know if I can do that at the Resort or do I need to go to the parks.

The passes are Basic - I want to add the parkhopper / water park options.

I dont know if this is silly but one thing i was worried about booking a pirate room is the isolation and being the only family out there?

delilah18 said:
I was wondering if anyone can tell me more about the pirate rooms

1. Has anyone found the beds comfortable any pics of the mattress ?

2. We will have a car so could we just drive to the old port royale for food or to the main pool? If we found the walk long with little ones?

Thanks

We have friends that stayed in them and had no issues with the beds.

You could drive if you feel it's too far.

smeecanada said:
Query about online check in. Never done this. So, I have 5 day basic passes that I need to get upgraded once we arrived at WDW. Can I still check in online and then do that.

For the upgrade of the passes - anyone know if I can do that at the Resort or do I need to go to the parks.

The passes are Basic - I want to add the parkhopper / water park options.

Yes you can still upgrade them if you do online check-in. You can do it at the concierge desk at CBR or at the parks.

This is suppose to be a 14 night FD vacation with no extra's. Now we just booked our first cruise. Now we are thinking of upgrading then we would get the regular dining plan.

I thought I read CBR was getting a refurb a bit back have they started?

delilah18 said:
I dont know if this is silly but one thing i was worried about booking a pirate room is the isolation and being the only family out there?

Sorry I don't have first hand experience but our friends did not feel that way.

Is there a CBR refurb schedule anywhere? I'm currently booked at CSR but am considering CBR for November. Curious how far along the refurb will be by then.

Also, thoughts on the CBR food court? We use our resort food court everyday and our favorite is POR. One of the reasons I am considering switching from CSR is because the Pepper Market at CSR makes me nervous. Thanks!

Is there a CBR refurb schedule anywhere? I'm currently booked at CSR but am considering CBR for November. Curious how far along the refurb will be by then.

Also, thoughts on the CBR food court? We use our resort food court everyday and our favorite is POR. One of the reasons I am considering switching from CSR is because the Pepper Market at CSR makes me nervous. Thanks!

Ok, so I have stayed at both CBR and POR, and I know I'm going to :furious: flamed for this, but I like the Food Court at POR better! They have the Make your Own Pasta and salad bay, Carved meat bay and of course burgers and such. They also have way more in terms of desserts as well. CBR's Food court is adequate, but my favorite is POR. We will be staying at POFQ this year, we will be heading to POR at least once.

Any CBR fans have any tips on transportation back to the resort at park close?
For example, leaving EPCOT after Illuminations could one walk to the Boardwalk and get a bus easier than walking to the front entrance?

Our Itinerary has us at Magic Kingdom on Friday night until late, I imagine that is fairly simple, taking a bus back to CBR. Saturday at DHS for SWW until late, and Sunday at Epcot until close.

I was just wondering if there were any "shortcuts" back to the CBR??

Thanks!

For example, leaving EPCOT after Illuminations could one walk to the Boardwalk and get a bus easier than walking to the front entrance?

Our Itinerary has us at Magic Kingdom on Friday night until late, I imagine that is fairly simple, taking a bus back to CBR. Saturday at DHS for SWW until late, and Sunday at Epcot until close.

Thanks!

You can't get a bus from BW to CBR.

The only thing keeping us out of CBR at our trip next November is the lack of queen beds. :(

I love CBR, but there's no way doubles will be comfortable for us now that we're bringing both children.

I have not seen a schedule.

We prefer the CBR over POR in general and specifically the food court. CBR's food court is just laid out better, has better choices and just never seemed as crazy as POR's was.

Thanks!

As EpcotBill said, there is no bus from BW to CBR. We have always stuck around after Illuminations, after Wishes too, and found a seat to people watch. We have found that if we hang around for about 30 minutes or so then slowly make our way to the buses, we usually walk right on a waiting bus back to CBR. It definitely is more relaxing than the massive cattle call right after the fireworks shows.

We prefer the CBR over POR in general and specifically the food court. CBR's food court is just laid out better, has better choices and just never seemed as crazy as POR's was.

Ok I have to say as someone who loves POR's food court, I hated the one at CBR. Hated, hated, hated. They had much less selection, the set up is odd with the registers working right to left instead of left to right, and some of the CMs there were downright rude! One kept yelling at everyone that they were lining up "wrong".

If a food court is very important to you, POR is a better choice. Sorry to be so negative on the CBR thread, but that was my opinion of it during our stay at CBR.

maxiesmom said:
some of the CMs there were downright rude! One kept yelling at everyone that they were lining up "wrong".

Well that's just wrong and sorry to hear that happened. After 4 stays at CBR I'd say your experience is the exception.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter