Caribbean Beach FAQ part VI

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by safetymom, Jun 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sugerfreesteve

sugerfreesteve Earning My Ears

Cheers. Seems shorter in general than PORS so thats good.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. EpcotBill

EpcotBill DIS Veteran

Some people have to ask, beg, plead, and demand. Others just ask for credit and they either get the credit or a fridge magically appears in their room. But they will never offer credit without you asking...because Disney loves us.

4. Jrob369

Jrob369 Earning My Ears

Need a 10th post so I can put a link up.

5. Jrob369

Jrob369 Earning My Ears

6. Marsheliz

Marsheliz DIS Veteran

Wow, Tom we were super close to each other... we were in Aruba 5213.... The walk wasn't as bad as I thought but it was a bit of a hike to get anywhere.... Especially to refill mugs... Definitely didn't use mugs as much as usual bc of the walk. It was especially hard at night bc we were next to last stop.. Dealing with two tired boys at midnight on bus is overwhelming! All in all, it was a beautiful resort, just more spread out than what were used to.

7. dismom9761

dismom9761 DIS Veteran

When I added my last day to my reservation(11/23-12/1) I asked the CM about the fridges and she said they would be done with getting them into all the rooms by my trip time.Today I received a letter from Disney stating that they have had to disconnect fridges due to issues until they can replace them. I am counting on having a fridge for breakfast items. Soo frustrating.:confused3

8. Borg4of6

Borg4of6 Earning My Ears

Hi all,

We arrived on Saturday. I think we got a little bit of pixie dust because we got preferred building in Martinique with water view. Unfortunately we did not get a working fridge. We had placed a garden grocer order so the cm gave us the credit. I didn't need to ask for it. We love the resort. It's beautiful and lush as people described. Bus service has been great!! We got lucky a few times. We saw our bus approaching so we all ran for it. Lol! We were probably funny to watch but hey we got on the bus and at the park on time. Yippee!
    I'm not overly impressed with the food at port royal (imo). I've found the staff very friendly and helpful.
    We r loving our magic bands. We haven't had any issues. My daughter lost her band at blizzard beach. I did too but we noticed it fly off so they got a diver to go and get It. The diver found 3 more bands while retrieving mine. Beware to all the force from the slides causes the bands to come off!! The cm's have gone above and beyond to order my daughter another pink band instead of having grey for the rest of the trip.
    We having a great time! Bye for now.

9. Mommiesblessings2

Mommiesblessings2 Mouseketeer

Hooray for pixie dust! So glad your enjoying your visit. I will be there tomorrow!!!:cool1::banana::woohoo::yay:

Just a tad excited! LOL!!

10. Borg4of6

Borg4of6 Earning My Ears

Have a safe trip. Hopefully you get sprinkled with pixie dust too. :)

11. Mommiesblessings2

Mommiesblessings2 Mouseketeer

Thanks! It's our first trip so we all excited!

12. wallskm

wallskm Mouseketeer

We just booked our stay for April 26-May 4 at CBR! It will be our first time to stay there (have done POR and CSR previously). Can't wait!

13. luv2sing32

luv2sing32 Earning My Ears

Checked in yesterday! Wait was the same even if you did online checkin. Bell services allowed Orlando Crib Rental to leave our rental crib with them which was nice. Really feels like you are in the islands. We requested first floor Jamaica 45, but are in 46 ! Closer to bus stop so we don't mind. If you have any mobility issues, this is not the resort for you! Really big and spaced out. Sad to say we did not have a fridge . Requested one for medication and it was delivered 2 hours later. Bags took 4 hours to arrive from magical express. For a quick service lunch or dinner, food court is not bad....similar to other quick service restaurants. We are in a corner king room and it is similar in size to king room at grand Floridian. Room updated to white linens and nemo bed runner. They do not provide lotion in the rooms. Coffee maker uses disc pods. Very limited on outlets, bring a power strip. Longest wait for bus was 20 min. Let me know if any other questions

14. MAW137

MAW137 Earning My Ears

I check in on the 21st of November and have not received a letter. Hopefully it was sent to you by mistake. We need one for medication so I will request one if I have to.

15. mickeystoontown

mickeystoontown DIS Veteran

I was away from this thread a few days completing my Disney Parks Moms panel round 2 questions and video and it seems like I missed out on a lot of good reports. Yay to all of you who received a little bit of pixie dust and were given room upgrades. It's alway good to hear great reviews.::yes::

16. KapBoy77

KapBoy77 Mouseketeer<br><a href="http://www.disboards.com/s

Does this resort participate in the current MB testing? Thanks.

17. shaybay

shaybay Mouseketeer

Yes I have mine personalized and FP+ ready for Dec 2 arrival. Cannot wait to get them!

18. grumpy14

grumpy14 Mouseketeer

Does anyone know how many connecting rooms this resort has? I know it is not guaranteed, just trying to figure out my odds.

19. lam21575

lam21575 Earning My Ears

Not sure how many exactly...we requested connecting rooms for our trip last week and did not get them. We were placed next door to the family we were traveling w though, but rooms not connected.

20. kellyjeanie

kellyjeanie DIS Veteran

Leaving tomorrow morning for WDW and CBR!!!!

21. grumpy14

grumpy14 Mouseketeer

Thank you. That is good to know!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.