Caribbean Beach FAQ part VI

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by safetymom, Jun 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maxiesmom

maxiesmom The Mean Squinty Eye Works

Jamaica would be near the bus stop that is usually picked up first. A benefit if you want to be sure of getting a seat. Aruba would be the second stop most of the time. I think the Magic Kingdom bus has a slightly different route than the rest of the parks.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. NicPie

NicPie Frozen 24/7

Thank you both. :)

4. PA Disneymania

PA Disneymania Mouseketeer

Has anyone heard if and when they will upgrade the CBR beds to Queens? I had heard sometime this year. We are going in June and would really like the more comfortable beds.

5. CerysG

CerysG Mouseketeer

It would be great if they had queens there soon. We are going in August and I think the only minus is the fact that they don't have queen size bed here. For me having a bigger resort isn't such an issue as we like to walk and look at stuff. Last time we stayed at the Riverside and I really didn't understand when people complained about it being big.:confused3 I've been noticing that this seems to be the number one complaint of a lot of the resorts!

6. dmiller64152

dmiller64152 Mouseketeer

7. mickeystoontown

mickeystoontown DIS Veteran

A mousekeeper mentioned the bed upgrade when we were there in May and then, when I called to book our May, 2013, trip, the castmember asked if we had stayed in one of the recently refurbed rooms with the queen beds. I'm not sure if the bed change-out will ever occur but I'd like to see it happen.

8. NicPie

NicPie Frozen 24/7

We're going in June too and would love queen beds.

9. bigbabyblues

bigbabyblues DIS Veteran

10. Dopey Fan

Dopey Fan I just got back from Disney, but I'm already plann

When we were in Aruba 51, we used the Jamaica bus stop. ;)

11. NicPie

NicPie Frozen 24/7

I saw this too.. but I called to ask about it and the CM could find no information at all about any refurbs. She said if there were any they would most certainly be listed on whatever lists or whatever it was she was looking at. Soooo, not sure what's going on with that.

12. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

Trust me, the CMs in Central Reservations are THE LAST people to know about any closures/refurbs. This is from another source and seems to match.

http://media.disneywebcontent.com/S.../pdf/D-MailPDF/IntlDmailwdwRefurbishments.pdf

13. Betsy82

Betsy82 Mouseketeer

Will those of you going soon post the request options for online check-in?

I have seen pictures of a Pop check-in but no other resorts! Seems there you can request a certain area and I'd love to know if it's the same for CBR?

Thanks!

14. bigbabyblues

bigbabyblues DIS Veteran

Are the courtyard areas with the tables smoking or non-smoking? My DS' birthday is during our trip. We found out friends will be in Orlando a few of the same days, and we are thinking about getting something from Baby Cakes at DTD to have a little party--he is gluten and dairy free, and this would be easiest, I think. I'm assuming the can visit us there, as long as they don't swim?

15. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

Non-smoking.

16. germ539

germ539 Goofy is my favorite

Is there enough room with the double beds for a double air mattress or does it need to be a single air mattress?

17. mickeystoontown

There's not enough room for a double air mattress but a single/twin fits fine. We've done it several times.

18. germ539

Wish they would have the queen beds, having a 15 year along with DH and me, the double beds just quite wouldn't be big enough. We have a double air but not a single and don't know if I want to invest in a single also.

19. mickeystoontown

I paid less than $20 for a twin air mattress at Walmart in the camping section. We've used it several times at the CBR and when traveling to other destinations as well.

20. germ539

are they ever going to get queen beds at CBR? I'm surprised when they did the refub to the Nemo themed and Pirate themed that they didn't go ahead and upgrade to queen beds. Even all the other mods have gone to queen and they were built after CBR with CBR being the first mod if I am correct?

21. mickeystoontown

The CBR was, indeed, the first moderate resort on Disney property. I was told, in May, by a mousekeeper that they would be changing the beds over to queens. When I booked my May, 2013 stay, the Disney Travel castmember asked if I had stayed in one of the rooms with the new queen beds during our May, 2012 stay. Some others have been told that there will be a change-over of the beds as well but nothing has happened so far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.