Caribbean Beach FAQ part V

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by safetymom, Jun 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My2BabiesLexis&Dill

My2BabiesLexis&Dill DIS Veteran

Howdy neighbor!! Thank you for the reply. I need to start saving my quarters now.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. mickeystoontown

mickeystoontown DIS Veteran

You're welcome! If you can't find Aveeno, then ask a pharmacist. I've also used Calamine lotion but Aveeno works better.

4. meliss8599

meliss8599 DIS Veteran

If I booked through a travel agent, does she or I fax in room requests to CBR?

How far in advance should requests be faxed in?

TIA!

5. Fundytrail

Fundytrail Our 1988 Ticket

Your TA should have put your request in when booking your reservations with Disney.

You can request your travel agent to FAX four days before you arrive, but if it was me I would FAX my own personal request

Figure your 4 days prior to arrival this way:

Thursday - Arrival day/check-in
    Wednesday - 1 day prior
    Tuesday - 2 days prior
    Monday - 3 days prior
    Sunday - 4 days prior

CBR Fax - 407-934-3288

6. futreWDI

futreWDI DIS Veteran

The entire lake itself is only 1.2 miles around, so the walk from Trinidad South Building 39 (farthest) is only a fraction of that. At most you will walk 15 mins to OPR (and that is with kids, strollers, pool supplies). The walk is just under ten if you are bagless.

7. CTPacky

CTPacky <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.

Just so ya know, for the laundry, there are change machines in the laundries that will turn $1's and $5's into quarters.

8. KELLY

KELLY DIS Veteran

I got my ticker all changed to CBR. It was so hard to get a moderate during free dining. We opted not to go with the free dining promo. We wanted to be almost adr free. So we went with the room only discount added tickets and the QSDP. Which ended up being 150.00 more. But we would spend more than that on tips and mugs. We are still doing t-rex, rainforest and garden grill OP.

This is our frist trip to CBR so I'm excited. I dont' really care what building number we are in. But from the look of the map it looks like Jamica or Aruba would be a good request?

9. mickeystoontown

Jamaica and Aruba are good locations to request as are the non-preferred buildings in Martinique.

10. hkeller27

hkeller27 DIS Veteran

But I got overwhelmed with the hundreds of pages on CBR!

My question is: are the Pirate rooms with connecting doors?? (And yes I know that this is only a request and not a guarantee ;))

11. safetymom

safetymom Super Moderator

Yes there are connecting rooms in Trinidad South where all the Pirate rooms are located. :)

12. hkeller27

hkeller27 DIS Veteran

Thanks!!

13. Melanie B

Melanie B DIS Veteran

I just have a question about Disney transportation. We're staying at CBR in August and we have booked breakfast reservations at other resorts. I know that the busses don't go from resort to resort but do busses/monorail/boats run early enough to transfer at one of the parks to a resort bus so we can easily get to our reservations?

14. turftoega

turftoega Family sherpa and pack mule

We're heading to see Mickey in November and will be staying at CBR for the first time. We've been at POR the past 2 visits and thought that we would try something different. Where are the better places to try and request? We drive our own car to the parks each day and have ADRs at the parks, we really don't need close access to bus locations or the main area. We do plan to have one day at the pools at the resort. Thanks for the advice and suggestions.

15. dzorn

dzorn DIS Addict

According to allearsnet it is 1.4 miles around the lake if that helps any.

Denise in MI

16. Avonlady1001

Avonlady1001 DIS Veteran

I just switched my res from POFQ to CBR! I'm so excited...thanks to this & the other CBR threads! :) The only other mod we've stayed at is POR & we love it there! We booked FQ for something different, but not TOO different! LOL But after reading this thread & seeing all the pics, and getting over my fear of the sheer size of the place, I took the plunge. I requested bldg 21 in Martinique since all the preferred bldgs are sold out for the free dining.

We'll be there 9/19-26/10! Anyone else?

Anyone eat at Shutters? I have an adr there...but there aren't too many reviews on dis for some reason. (that I can find, anyway)

17. shmedly123

shmedly123 Mouseketeer

Yes, but it will take you approx 60-90 mins to do this. You might want to think about taking a cab as the cab fare from one resort to another is usually fairly reasonable.

18. shmedly123

shmedly123 Mouseketeer

I haven't eaten at Shutters but on the Podcast they did a review of Shutters and it wasn't pretty...hold on I'll find the link to the blog entry...

here you go

http://www.disunplugged.com/2010/06...t-disney’s-caribbean-beach-resort/#more-10131

19. mickeystoontown

The blog review of Shutter's was the first one that I had read that was really really bad. Most of the other reviews I read said it was pretty decent. :confused3

20. shmedly123

shmedly123 Mouseketeer

Like Pete said it is shocking bc the food at Old Port Royale which is literally attached to Shutters is actually pretty good.

21. Momof2Disneyboys

Momof2Disneyboys DIS Veteran

Yes, the buses start running very early because of breakfast ADR's. We usually leave about an hour to get from resort to resort by WDW transportation and always get there in plenty of time. :goodvibes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.