Caribbean Beach FAQ part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
We stayed at CBR from 10/24-10/31. This was our second time visiting at Disney and really enjoyed our trip. As other posters mentioned, it is huge! We paid for a preferred room and requested ground floor due to having two small children and a stroller. We in Trinidad North 33 and super close to the bus stop. I would definitely pay to stay preferred and close to the food and main pool.

I did online check in but the front desk was empty when we arrived at 10:30 AM. Our room was not ready but they texted us when it was available around 12. Our room was clean and we had no issues. The only cons would be the full size beds and the tiny bathroom. Although, not a big deal we found the room safe to be very tiny! It was only about 2 inches deep, so we couldn't keep much in it.

My kids loved the main pool and the kiddie play area. They even thought the pool side games were fun!

The food court had many options and we ate there quite a few times. I liked that they had a Mug Wash and a section with toppings (onions, tomato etc.)

One odd thing in the food court was the kids chicken nuggets. They were different from the adult ones and did not look appealing at all. If you have two children, I would suggest getting the adult size and splitting them.

Feel free to PM me with any questions.

What does RFID mean?

An RFID door lock means you don't have to insert you card in the door to unlock it. If you look at the posted picture above, there is a pad above the door handle. All you have to do now is touch the pad with your KTTW and the door will unlock.

dansdad said:
An RFID door lock means you don't have to insert you card in the door to unlock it. If you look at the posted picture above, there is a pad above the door handle. All you have to do now is touch the pad with your KTTW and the door will unlock.

Thanks that what I thought. Just wanted to be sure. Sounds like its a better thing compared to the key insert type.

My DD stayed with a friend recently at Great Wolf Lodge and they use the RFID system for everything, charging to the room, room locks, purchases in the gift shop, access to the water park, etc..... but their RFID is in a bracelet that is given to each member of your party at checkin. I can imagine if Disney did the bracelet thing, the bracelets would begin to get a bit haggard looking after a couple of days. No way would they last a week.

We are staying here now in Aruba building 51 and there was a note on our table that they will be changing the locks over sometime this week!

3Leafs said:
We are staying here now in Aruba building 51 and there was a note on our table that they will be changing the locks over sometime this week!

So jealous! Have a great time!!!!!

Sent from my Incredible using DISBoards

Looks like we'll be headed back to the CBR again in May, 2013. :cool1:This will be our 9th stay there.

We were going to try a new moderate (CSR) but found out that there will be a convention there for two of our nights. That might not sound like a big deal but the convention ends on a Thursday and my thinking is that a lot of those folks will extend their visit on through the weekend. Before I changed back over to the CBR, I did some internet research and that same convention had over 1,300 attendees at their 2012 convention and it wasn't at Disney so you know good and well more are going to attend because of it's location. From what I've read, they are expecting 1,700 + in 2013.

I'm actually a bit relieved to know that we are going back to the CBR. Although we were excited about trying something new, we were also nervous that we would miss the Caribbean Beach.

Let the countdown to our 9th stay at the CBR and our 18th trip to Walt Disney World begin! :woohoo:

Looks like we'll be headed back to the CBR again in May, 2013. :cool1:This will be our 9th stay there.

We were going to try a new moderate (CSR) but found out that there will be a convention there for two of our nights. That might not sound like a big deal but the convention ends on a Thursday and my thinking is that a lot of those folks will extend their visit on through the weekend. Before I changed back over to the CBR, I did some internet research and that same convention had over 1,300 attendees at their 2012 convention and it wasn't at Disney so you know good and well more are going to attend because of it's location. From what I've read, they are expecting 1,700 + in 2013.

I'm actually a bit relieved to know that we are going back to the CBR. Although we were excited about trying something new, we were also nervous that we would miss the Caribbean Beach.

Let the countdown to our 9th stay at the CBR and our 18th trip to Walt Disney World begin! :woohoo:

I have been reading your trip reports and was surprised when I read that y'all were goint to try out CSR. I understand sticking with something that works. We went on our first trip this past Sept and stayed at CBR. We were in the Martinique building and really enjoyed the resort. We are going back next Nov and are going to try out POR. That is if I don't change my mind before then. :rolleyes1

I'm glad u like that place so well. I did enjoy the grounds and food court but we had the bad luck on Mousekeeping. Every night I had to call for extra coffee. I left notes everyday with a tip asking for just coffee. It was never restocked. It happens. I may stay a couple of nights with my son at the pirate rooms in March. I think ur will like them. Heading home now and counting down to spring break!

I have been reading your trip reports and was surprised when I read that y'all were goint to try out CSR. I understand sticking with something that works. We went on our first trip this past Sept and stayed at CBR. We were in the Martinique building and really enjoyed the resort. We are going back next Nov and are going to try out POR. That is if I don't change my mind before then. :rolleyes1

As you know, we threw POR into the mix when we were thinking about changing resorts. In the end, we thought that POR would feel too much like home since we are from Louisiana.

I think that we are going to request Martinique the next time simply because it's been a while since we've stayed in that section of the resort.

mickeystoontown said:
As you know, we threw POR into the mix when we were thinking about changing resorts. In the end, we thought that POR would feel too much like home since we are from Louisiana.

I think that we are going to request Martinique the next time simply because it's been a while since we've stayed in that section of the resort.

What is the best number call to put in a building request? The main reservation number?

Yay for another CBR stay! We are trying something new next year. We're renting points for a stay at BWV!:banana: But not staying at our "home" CBR has me a bit nervous.:scared1:

Yay for another CBR stay! We are trying something new next year. We're renting points for a stay at BWV!:banana: But not staying at our "home" CBR has me a bit nervous.:scared1:

I looked into renting points too but with the uncertainty of all of us going (mostly my 79 year old other), I didn't know if it would actually be cost effective or not. I look forward to hearing how your experiences goes.

I looked into renting points too but with the uncertainty of all of us going (mostly my 79 year old other), I didn't know if it would actually be cost effective or not. I look forward to hearing how your experiences goes.

I meant to say in my reply to you above that I hope Mamma can join you guys as I know how she loves CBR!

I will let you know how it goes. We will be starting the process with David's in a couple weeks. We are planning 9 nights and paying for the Dining Plan. If my numbers are correct, we'll be able to stay 9 nights Deluxe for about $400 more than our 7 night trip last year at CBR with free dining. It's easier for us because we are only 3 so we can get away with a studio. Once you start getting 1 and 2 bedrooms, even with renting points it gets pricey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter