Caribbean Beach FAQ part V

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by safetymom, Jun 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3Leafs

3Leafs DIS Veteran

We are staying here for the first time Nov 12-16 for our 10 year anniversary and I am so excited! Now we have stayed at POR a few times can someone compare CBR to POR for me as far as walking distance to the food court? I'm wondering if its similiar to each other? Thanks

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. DISNEYLOVER70

DISNEYLOVER70 <font color=blue>Speaks softly but carries a big s

3LEAFS: Just wanted to say Happy Anniversary !! We too are staying at CBR for our 21st from Nov. 29-Dec 4. Never stayed at a Moderate, only Deluxe and PoP. Looking forward to it!!

Hope you get your question answered and that you have a wonderful anniversary trip!!! :grouphug:

4. mickeystoontown

mickeystoontown DIS Veteran

Our walk from one of the furthest buildings in Barbados was 7 1/2 minutes but we were behind a couple with a double stroller who were walking very slowly. The walks from Jamaica Bldgs. 41 and 42 were about 5 minutes and from non-preferred buildings in Martinique were about 5 minutes as well.

5. mickeystoontown

How nice of them to offer to pay for the trip! I would be like them and couldn't ask that they pay for a stay at the Polynesian. That's a big chunk of change!

We have stayed in Jamaica several times in buildings 41 and 42 and it was a great location. The walk to the food court, main pool, etc. were about 5 minutes.

6. cybrkitn

cybrkitn We called it Bonko

Does anyone have a picture of the hairdryers outside of the cradle that holds it? I have a universal diffuser and I want to make sure this will go over it. I'm thinking the barrel might be a bit short and the diffuser may not fit over it.

Thanks.

ETA: Just noticed the pictures on page 53 that was mentioned from a PP. I noticed that Snuggles was in the vending machine for a fabric softner sheet. Does anyone know if Bounce is available as I'm allergic to Snuggles and DS10 has a reaction to Downy.

7. 3Leafs

3Leafs DIS Veteran

Happy Anniversary to you guys too!!! I am so excited to go as we never got to go on a honeymoon so this is the first time EVER that we are going away together without kids :yay:

Thanks so much for the response. We just stayed at AoA LM and it took about 10 minutes to walk from our room to the food court. So this I can handle! :goodvibes

8. cybrkitn

cybrkitn We called it Bonko

:wave: I know we are both checking in the same day, but I can't remember if you were checking in in the afternoon. I couldn't remember what you said on the other thread (which moves too fast to keep up with each day :teeth: ). Maybe we will see each other at the food court during your stay? We're there until the 8th.

9. keypooh90

keypooh90 Lovatic

Do any of the rooms have queen beds? Or does anyone know if there are plans to add queen beds at any time soon?

10. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

No queen beds at this time. Rumor has it they're coming in 2013.

11. mom2taylorandemily

mom2taylorandemily Not so patiently waiting our next trip to Disney..

:cool1:

12. dis_guy

dis_guy DIS Veteran

Wow! In exactly 2 weeks, we'll be checking in at Caribbean Beach for our fifth stay!:dance3:party:

13. mickeystoontown

14. dis_guy

dis_guy DIS Veteran

That's probably a very good thing too. On our last visit, we had to wait for an hour for a guy to come and change our room's lock because it would not lock properly. He said they were having a lot of trouble with the old locks.

Online check-in tomorrow!! :banana:

15. sbprincess

sbprincess Mouseketeer

I will be checking into CBR on Thursday morning for the first time! My DH thinks we're staying at POP. I made the switch just last Saturday and he has no idea! :hyper:

This will be our first moderate stay. The more picutres I look at the more excited I get. I'm going to try and take lots of photos. Not that I can add much more to what's already on the picutre thread. But around here more is usually better, right?? :laughing:

Thanks to everyone who updates and answers this thread. You guys have been a big help!

16. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

sbprincess - I hope you guys have a magical time! Please do take lots of pictures!:thumbsup2

17. bigbabyblues

bigbabyblues DIS Veteran

Sbprincess have a great time, and please share pics, even if they are similar to what is there. I have to wait until June.....

18. creamypuffs

creamypuffs Mouseketeer

We're looking into this resort for our March trip. We're totally new to CBR and have some questions before locking in the reservation.

1. Are all non-pirate rooms going to be nemo theme rooms?
    2. Which building is closest to the toddlers wading pool?
    3. Is it far walk from Trinidad north to Trinidad south?
    4. Does CBR have its own bus route to/from the theme parks or is it shared with another resort? (I know it makes the internal route through the villages within CBR) Does it take long to make the internal bus route around CBR?
    5. Where are the preferred rooms located? Is it worth it for distance to OPRC?
    6. Is the Custom House where guest services located? Does OPRC have guest services too?
    7. Which playground is nicer - the one at Martinique or Trinidad south?
    8. Do you prefer first or second floor room?
    9. Any other special requests that you always ask for? Suggested room location?

If you have any other suggestions for a newb, I'd appreciate the insight!

19. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

1. Yes
    2. Preferred - Martinique 24, 25, 26 Trinidad North 31, 32, 33 Non-Preferred
    Martinique 21, 22, 23 Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51

http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/cbrmap.htm
    3. Depends on where you start/end in each village. Could be 2 minutes and
    maybe 5 minutes at the most.
    4. CBR does not share with any other resort. The internal loop takes about 5 to 7 minutes
    5. See #1 for preferred locations. We like Jamaica 45, it takes us 5 mintues
    to get to OPR and the main pool
    6. Guest services has a location at OPR
    7. Our DS prefers the one on Caribbean Cay
    8. We prefer 2nd floor but we don't have strollers to worry about
    9. We request Jamaica 45 and 2nd floor. The walk across the bridge to OPR
    and the Main Pool is beautiful in the morning!

We like to schedule at least 2 resort days to just relax and enjoy CBR. It is such a peaceful and laid back resort. It's such a nice change from the craziness of the parks. To us it's like having 2 vacations in one.

20. creamypuffs

creamypuffs Mouseketeer

dansdad, thanks for the info! You have sold me to try this resort. We're very excited. I googled the Caribbean Cay and saw images of it, looks like an awesome playground.

Now that I see that bridge that walks across from Jamaica/Aruba to OPR, I think I will try to request those buildings closest to the bridge instead of paying for the preferred. I like the idea of walking across the bridge. Did you generally always get your building choice?

Bus pick-ups, does it start or end from a specific building?

21. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

You're very welcome! Here are some shots from one of my trips to OPR to get the family breakfast.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Caribbean Cay
    [​IMG]

We have gotten our request of Jamaica 45 our last 2 trips. We always call to book our trips, I just like talking to the CMs. I always make our requests at that time. I list them in order of preferrence, Jamaica 45 then Aruba 51 then 2nd floor. If you book online, call the reservations line with your reservation number and have them add your requests to your reservation. Remember, they are only requests. But we've had good luck.:cool1:

The order of bus stops depends on which entrance the driver uses. If using the side entrance, Jamaica is firt. If using the main entrance, Martinique is first.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.