1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Card Swap~COMPLETED

Discussion in 'Swaps' started by morgansmom2000, Jul 27, 2012.

1. clh2

clh2 <font color=green>I am the Pixie Stick NARC at my

I'm still hoping to have in the mail by early next week. DH is just not finding anything positive to say when I leave my stamping stuff out EVERYWHERE!!!:lmao:

I've got 6 of my 8 done...Hoping to get the sympathy cards done tonight after I get some yardwork done!

And then -- I'm in a dilemma for my "misc" card. The idea I have - could work for a wedding, anniversary or even a valentine's day card...So - "if" I did this card - would it be "ok" if I included text inserts with the various greetings, so "you" could tape in the one you want to use the card for? I hate to make this a "do-it-yourself" project, otherwise - if I picked one - I would make it an anniversary card. Any thoughts???

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. morgansmom2000

morgansmom2000 DIS Veteran

I think that sounds fine, Cheryl, not a big deal to add a sentiment.

Men just don't get it do they??

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

4. morgansmom2000

I got two groups done this morning. Got to do a few other things, but here are the two done.

Group A, Masculine Birthday Card, Happy Birthday is stamped inside.
    [​IMG]

Group G, Thank You Cards
    [​IMG]

5. morgansmom2000

Last group done for the day.

Group B, Girl Kid Birthday
    [​IMG]

6. mommy2mrb

mommy2mrb Mama to a Princess - But I'm A Scrap Princess!

love your cards Jennifer!

7. morgansmom2000

Thanks, Lisa.

8. missesdisney

missesdisney DIS Veteran

My all done cards just need one set of envelopes for a funny size that I have to make an envelope for. Then I have to bag them and get them out! Hoping to do this end of this week.

9. morgansmom2000

Thanks for the update. I had planned to do more today, but I'm not feeling great. :(

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

10. clh2

Jennifer - just checking in - my Grandma passed away late last week, a few months short of her 100th birthday. Put me into a little bit of a fog. Services are today. Just been a week with a lot of odd energy between my mom and my aunt.

I should be finishing up my last card tomorrow. Then I jsut need to figure out envelopes, and I should be postal early next week. I am loving my cards - If I have a bit of a chance later - I'll post pictures.some today!

I'm laughing a little at the bandana paper. I had used something similar on one of my female cards - and while I loved the card - it was too manly. So - I upped the estrogen content significantly and made the exact same card - except in very a very girly fashion. I should post pics of both!

11. morgansmom2000

I'm so sorry for your loss, Cheryl. My thoughts are with you and your family.

As for the cards, you always do such beautiful work, I can't wait to see them!

12. clh2

Just about done with mine!

Sympathy Card:

[​IMG]

Baby Girl Card:

[​IMG]

(Wish there was an in-between size! Probably is one - and I just can't figure it out!)

13. clh2

My "too masculine to be a female thinking of you card" with the bandana paper (This one will not be part of the swap - but since I mentioned I would show both versions - here it is:

[​IMG]

So - I opted to redo the exact same care into something far more "girly" - this is the "thinking of you card":

[​IMG]

This is for group C1.

14. clh2

With washers direct from the hardware store - my masculine birthday card:

[​IMG]

My thank you card:

[​IMG]

15. clh2

My miscellaneous card - this will be the "finish it yourself card" - I'll have a couple of inserts - with anniversary, wedding and valentine's inserts for you to tape in. I just couldn't decide what type of card to make this one:

[​IMG]

My Christmas Card - I just love these ones..but found them to be far too putsy too make for my actual Christmas cards. So - as much as I would have loved to do these for my family and friends...it just isn't happening!

[​IMG]

16. clh2

And - my "blank" card - which really is a deep rich looking red and tan...although that isn't what the photo looks like:

[​IMG]

the all-over stamping on the tan paper happened almost by accident. I was looking through my stash - and when I grabbed a scrap of this particular paper for color matching purposes - the scrap had been stamped, and I "really" liked how that looked...not something I would ever think to do all on my own - but worked for this card.

I think - that should be all of my 8 cards...I'll let you know when I get them mailed out!

If I have another chance...I actually used my 1/3 cup measuing cup on the rosette, I took a picture from my phone, and if I have a chance later in the week - I'll post a picture of me "actually using" my cooking utensils! That was the first time I made the rosettes, and if I ever do them again - in "whatever" size - they'll have to fit in a measuring cup

17. morgansmom2000

Those are awesome, Cheryl! I think you're right about the masculine looking Thinking of You card. Can't wait to see how you used your measuring cup! :thumbsup2

18. missesdisney

missesdisney DIS Veteran

I just bagged up my groups and will mail by tomorrow!

19. mommy2mrb

mommy2mrb Mama to a Princess - But I'm A Scrap Princess!

Wow Cheryl! love your cards!!!

20. morgansmom2000

Thanks for the update!

21. clh2

Finally...all boxed up - and should be postal by lunch tomorrow.