Car rental

Goofy4President

Luv the Mouse!
Will be at the Fort the first week of August. Have a motorhome and will be pulling our golf cart. Can easily do a week without leaving Disney property but wondering the most convenient way to rent a car for a day or two should we decide to make a trip to the coast or something. Is there a car rental company on Disney property that we could ride a bus to or one that would deliver a car to the Fort?

There is one at the Swan, and another at the Magic Kingdom Hess station, IIRC. Sorry, I don't recall the agencies.

:santa:

The most convenient is at the Disney Car Care Center. They have a shuttle that picks you up at the Fort, and brings you back to FW after you return the car. That is through Alamo or National, whichever you choose (they are the same company), the signs all say Alamo but you can also reserve through National.

All you need to do is use any house phone, at the Fort to set up your pick up. I think that there is a special button for Alamo on the house phones.

You can also rent through most of the other major companies. Most have stations at the hotels at Downtown Disney (Hotel Plaza Blvd), you can take a Disney bus to Downtown Disney and the hotels are right across the street from the Market Place bus stops.

Downtown Disney Hotels with Car rental desks are as follows:
Hilton Orlando (AVIS)
Buena Vista Palace (Alamo/National)
Regal Sun (Dollar)
Doubletree Hotel (Budget)

Others include:

Dolphin (Alamo?National)
Shades of Green (Hertz)

As Disney John stated, the Car Care Center is most convenient. I rented from them earlier this year, and used their free shuttle service. There was a number I called from my cell to set up a pick up time. I think they just require at least an hour notice. They showed up exactly on time, and after a quick stop at WL to pick up people we were at the rental counter in just a few minutes. Very convenient. And, if you do use Alamo or National and don't have any coupon codes, just do a Google search and you will likely find a code for the reservation that saves you 15-20%.

If you want to save money compare prices... I saved quite a bit by renting from National from the Dolphin and returning it to the Car Care Center. Just used Disney transpotation to get around and there was a free shuttle when we were done dropping off at the Car Care Center.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter