Car rental on property

Mish

DIS Veteran
My sister I going to Disney in June. She will need a rent a car for a few day and we were wondering what companies are on property?

Thanks,
Michelle

Last month, I rented a car from the Dollar location at the Wyndham hotel in Downtown Disney. They offer a free shuttle to pick up and drop off at your hotel. It is arranged a few days before the rental. I picked up there but returned to the airport - it cost me $11 more than renting from the airport. I was able to use Magical Express and have them transport my luggage.

Another option is from Alamo at the car care center.

We pick up at MCO and return to the Alamo location at the Dolphin usually halfway through our stay. Then just walk over to epcot to get resort transport back to our hotel. We take DME back to the airport on our last day.

We always use Hertz (booked free with Airmiles) They are located in the Hilton Bonnet Creek near DTD. Clean cars, good service, easy location to access.

We have also used Alamo at the Dolphin while staying at the Yacht Club which was super convenient from that location. Walkable actually.

Last month, I rented a car from the Dollar location at the Wyndham hotel in Downtown Disney. They offer a free shuttle to pick up and drop off at your hotel. It is arranged a few days before the rental. I picked up there but returned to the airport - it cost me $11 more than renting from the airport. I was able to use Magical Express and have them transport my luggage.

Another option is from Alamo at the car care center.
I'm reading less than good reviews of this location on Yelp. Did you get a decent car? How was your experience at the desk? Thanks in advance for any feedback.

It's a small location so they have just a few cars. I had booked an intermediate but was given a full size because they didn't have what I booked. The car itself was good - missing the remote so it took me a couple of days before I figured out how to easily lock the car doors. No pressure at all from the desk to buy the insurance or pre-pay gas. It wasn't until I was able to sign for the car that he asked me about them. They charged my card for the full amount plus a 15% hold, which was later removed when I returned the car. I would certainly rent from them again. The scariest part of the process was the shuttle ride to the hotel - the driver was VERY quick with the gas

Thank you. So far they are the cheapest and it would be easy to walk across the street from WDW. Just haven't read a good review of them. Damaged cars, late openings of the desk, etc. Thanks for our input.

The car was in good shape. We picked up about 1 hour before closing so I can't speak about them opening late.

If it isn't much difference, I had used the CCC center where I was picked up at Epcot while the family did their plans. Same thing in reverse when I needed to drop it off. i had Alamo, not sure if I had Enterprise or not there. When I left Epcot I went to the place where they had lost and found, called on my way out of the park and they had the shuttle pick me up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!