Car rental MCO to Port Canaveral

jtdl

DIS Veteran
What kind of rates have people been getting for one-way, one-day rentals? Planning to rent car at MCO when we arrive the day prior to our cruise and return to port location the morning of our cruise. We are a long ways out yet and I am seeing rates around $50 today for February but wonder what I can expect a couple months prior.

Impossible to say which way prices will go. Fortunately you don't need to worry about it since just about all car rental prices (except for pre-paid) are cancelable without penalty. So go ahead and book at the best price you see today. Then keep checking and if you see a better price, just re-book.

I'm going in October a we paid about $50 for an SUV. I'd say $50 is fair but if you are lucky and persistent should be able to get lower than that.

Ok thanks. I had seen people in the past posting rates such as $10-15 for a one-way, one-day rental!!! so was just curious. I thought $50 was good since it will be much cheaper than a shuttle for five of us.

If they are saying $10-$15 they can't be including the tax and extra fees just the base rate. I suppose I shouldn't say it's not possible but I've never in all my years of travel seen a rate under $30 for a one day rental. I don't remember seeing a rate that low for a week rental.

Best I've been able to get is $40 total for a full size with Budget using Costco. Booked that in August for mid Oct.

I have done this several times, and it usually averages $35-$50 from MCO to Port Canaveral and $50-$75 reverse route. We usually get the cheapest car for our family of four, FYI.
I find that this is usually cheaper than the cruise line's shuttle plus you have so much more flexibility.

If you are a Costco member look on Costco travel. My rentals came out to under $100 last year to and from MCO.

This past june i was able to get a full size car one way from mco to port canaveral one way for under $19 all in. i would say this was the exception and not the norm.

They might be getting it for $10-$15 a day but probably has a drop off fee for the one way rental which is at least $35 (if the rental company has one). The rates that I have gotten for around $50 had no drop off fee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter