Car Rental, Anyone Tried Hotwire??

chrissiecutie

Once a Princess, Always a Princess
So we will be going this fall for my son's first Disney trip!:cheer2: We will be spending 5 days at DL and 5 days with family in the area. So we will need to rent a car. We have AAA and the best deal I've found for a full size car (there will be 4 of us total) is $500 for the 10 days. Hotwire has it for less then half this price but I've never tried Hotwire or Priceline or any of the others before.

As a side note, I worked in a hotel for several years before having my son. You wouldn't believe the problems/issues with internet companies!! :scared1: This has made me a little nervous and I could sure use everyone's thoughts regarding car rental and discount websites. I searched this site and could only seem to find info on websites in relation to hotel rental, not really what I'm looking for. Much appreciated!

I have used Hotwire once-this past April I got a hotel in Miami for $59 plus tax and all that-$74 was the final price. It was a holiday in about 20 minutes from both the airport & pier. It was clean, staff was great-the only thing I noticed they did was book 3 in a room with one queen bed - I asked for a room with a double, no problem.

They use the big reputable companies - you see the cost upfront.

Let us know what you decide.

I've used hotwire several times for car rentals and never had a problem. You had to prepay it, but otherwise it was fine. We usually used it flying into LAX and we'd have an offsite rental place (don't know if they are all like that), but they all provided a free shuttle to get there.

I have used Hotwire several times for car rentals and have never had a problem either. The prices are excellent, and they are the first place I check when it is time to rent a car.

I have used Hotwire as well and got a great rate out of LAX with Budget.

Now, since you're travelling in the fall, and it shouldn't be "peak" season, I'd probaby go ahead with Hotwire.

However, in the summer on a Saturday, I will never use Hotwire again because Buget overbooks and I had to stand in line over 2 hours to get to the rental desk and then they didn't even have a car ready for me. With Hotwire you don't know who you get until you've paid and then you're committed. Except for the long, long, long, long wait, everything else was fine.

My sister and I both used Priceline (name your own price) and had a great experience.

We both got mini vans from National our of LAX for $25/day. They have SO many cars/vans that they tell you to go out to their lot and pick any one you want (the keys are in them).

No hidden charges, quick check in and super easy check out. No issues at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!