1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

car rental advice and locations needed.

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by calablovedisney, Mar 10, 2013.

1. calablovedisney

calablovedisney Mouseketeer

I am pricing out rental cars and need some help with locations. We are coming in for about 9 nights, 7 will be spent at Disney where we prefer to have our own car. It is very expensive to rent a car for that many days so I just want one for after our Universal stay(much cheaper). Hertz, which may or may not be the only rental on Universal property is very expensive for just one week. I can rent with Alamo for less and Budget for much much less (using entertainment book for all of these). But, I would have to get to the rental site and do not know Orlando well enough to decide if this is a good idea. the site I looked at for budget is on Research parkway. Anyone hear of it? or know if it is close?

If you have any other ideas/experiences I will gladly take it. We will return the car at the airport. thanks in advance. :)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. hpriamson

hpriamson Mouseketeer

There's a Budget in the Holiday Inn across the street from Universal - here's their website:

http://www.hiuniversal.com/

I'm planning on renting a car there at the end of our stay at the Hard Rock - according to google maps, it's a 0.6 mile walk.

4. Metro West

Metro West <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=blue> Moderator

I think this thread would be a better fit on the Transportation board.

5. calablovedisney

That might be perfect, but when checking the link to the budget website I can not find the address of the hotel for a rental location. Is the address different and do you (or anyone else) know what it is?

thx

and my apologies for posting on the wrong forum. I was too focused on how to rent a car near Universal. :)

6. hpriamson

hpriamson Mouseketeer

When entering the rental location on the Budget website, just put "M04" - that's a zero in the middle. It should pop up an address on Kirkman.

7. calablovedisney

Yup, found it, great! Do you think walking will be okay. Are there sidewalks, etc??? or is it more of a highway? But at half a mile, one of us could walk to pick it up and then go back for the rest of the family and luggage!

thanks again!

8. hpriamson

hpriamson Mouseketeer

I had the same questions when I planned all this, and was assured that people do walk safely from the Holiday Inn to the parks. I also "walked" the entire path on google street view, and there are sidewalks. There's one major intersection you have to cross - Major Blvd and Kirkman Rd, but it looks like there are cross walks and walk signals - there are even people crossing the street on street view.

Here's a link to the street view of the intersection.

9. lindsey

lindsey DIS Veteran

We use national at dolphin. And it was great.