Car hire question

Discussion in 'UK Trip Planning Forum' started by ChipnDaleRule, Oct 8, 2009.

1. ChipnDaleRule

ChipnDaleRule DIS Veteran

We are travelling to Disney next May. I am trying to budget for car hire for about 7-10 days of our stay, we want to be able to pick the car up from theDisney areaWho are the best to use? Is it better to book early or later? Any hot tips would be most welcome.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. karentan

karentan <font color=green>my main job for tomorrow is to g

i booked my car through netflights and used the dollar desk at the regal sun resort near downtown disney, its literally just across the road from the marketplace bus stop.
    it was the closest/easiest place to get to (from saratoga springs/DTD) as far as i could see :)

4. wayneg

wayneg Moderator Moderator

Will you be staying onsite using Magical Express? I guess you are but if not collecting from airport saves on transfer costs.

We stayed at Regal Sun for 2 days in August and saw the Dollar selection in the car park, only about 8 cars there, very poor choice. Could be lucky but I collected a car from Budget at Port Canaverel in August only a small selection and couldn't get what I wanted, prebooked SUV had to take a 7 seater minibus.

I believe the Disney Car Care centre/Alamo is a popular choice.

5. ChipnDaleRule

ChipnDaleRule DIS Veteran

We are staying at Beach club.Will be using Magical Express to get to BC. It would be ideal to pick up somewhere in Disney and drop off at airport.

6. Chris and Pooh

Chris and Pooh Airport Parking