Car Hire Advice Please

amacspad

Disneyholic!!!
Hi , I usually book my car hire with Auto Europe via quidco, we last booked in march travelling end of June and still waiting for cashback from quidco, we are travelling 30th Oct to 13th Nov and if I book direct thr price is £279 but going through quidco the exact car is £289 so just wondering if it's worth it, we usually go for the dodge caliber gold rate (2 adults & 1 teen) if anybody can advise,

Many thanks,

Debs x

If the cashback from Quidco doesn't brign the price down to the £279 you have been quoted, I would go with the lower price. I will only ever book through Quidco if the (cashback inclusive) price is the same or less than I can get elsewhere.

I thought that too, I might get a bit more back from quidco but not sure it's worth the hassle, I have to keep chasing them up and at the end of the day it isn't even guaranteed, do you reckon I've got a good price, not sure who else to shop around with,

Debs x

I used Holiday Autos for our second rental in July, price is showing the same for me (£289) either direct or via Quidco. If its £10 cheaper direct its not worth going via Quidco as they are only offereing 2% which is less than £6. But either way its expensive.

I know Joh likes USrentacar, I used to use them myself upto about 2 years ago but they have got too expensive for me. For your dates they are quoting £266 for a Compact.

I can't find any better prices than Holiday Autos recently via the link below, used them about 3 or 4 times and will be using them again for Nov. You dates are showing £234 when Max(Tank of gas and extra driver) is added. In the link there is also instructions (post#3) how to claim Quidco, if that tracks at 8% you would pay £215.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/othe...e/734198-holidayautos-discount-worldwide.html

I used Holiday Autos for our second rental in July, price is showing the same for me (£289) either direct or via Quidco. If its £10 cheaper direct its not worth going via Quidco as they are only offereing 2% which is less than £6. But either way its expensive.

I know Joh likes USrentacar, I used to use them myself upto about 2 years ago but they have got too expensive for me. For your dates they are quoting £266 for a Compact.

I can't find any better prices than Holiday Autos recently via the link below, used them about 3 or 4 times and will be using them again for Nov. You dates are showing £234 when Max(Tank of gas and extra driver) is added. In the link there is also instructions (post#3) how to claim Quidco, if that tracks at 8% you would
pay £215.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/othe...e/734198-holidayautos-discount-worldwide.html

Hi Wayne, just had a look and the cheapest one that comes up is a Chevrolet Aveo economy 2dr at £210, when I add the max it automatically adds the TDEW and total comes to £322.70 - do we need this? If we knock the TDEW off it comes to £256.20, couldn't find anything with the price you gave, would prefer a 5dr so will check how much for that but not essential!

Debs x

Hi Wayne, just had a look and the cheapest one that comes up is a Chevrolet Aveo economy 2dr at £210, when I add the max it automatically adds the TDEW and total comes to £322.70 - do we need this? If we knock the TDEW off it comes to £256.20, couldn't find anything with the price you gave, would prefer a 5dr so will check how much for that but not essential!

Debs x

I priced up 2dr compact (Ford Focus or similar) I have rented approx 35 times booking 2 dr and never had one yet, you get to choose form a line of cars(Alamo) which will be 4 dr, they might have an odd 2dr in their fleet but I have never seen one in all the trips we have done.
For 30th Oct-13th Nov price is showing at £186.15, remove the TDEW (never need it, would never buy it) add Max at £48.18 = £234.33 less 8% quidco if it pays = £215.58.
If you wanted 4 dr it would be £220.51, only £5 more but I certainly wouldn't pay it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter