• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Capt'n Jacks disappointment

DukeStreetKing

DIS Veteran
This may be a case of beating a dead horse but I just have to vent. GF and I went to DD Saturday night for dinner. We didn't have ADR's or whatever they are called now but we figured we'd just take our chances. We decided to go to Capt'n Jacks as we've had good meals there previously. There was only a 10 minute wait which was good, but that's where the fun ended.

I haven't had a problem with the menu changes until now. The dinner options were very scant. I ordered the Shrimp and Penne Pasta and GF ordered the Penne Pasta with chicken. The shrimp and chicken were good but the pasta was akin to eating macaroni and cheese. The sauce was very thick and just not very tasty.

Aside from lobster tails and shrimp, the only fish item that I recall being on the dinner menu was salmon. For a restaurant to call itself a fish place, I would expect more of a selection.

Oh well, another good one down the drain. It's too bad because I used to be excited about trying all the sit down restaurants, now I'm not too sure.

Oops, this should have been started in the Disney Dining Reviews section. Sorry. Please move this post if necessary. Thanks.

Sorry to hear that you spent good money on a meal that you didn't enjoy. I don't know why WDW keeps changing menus.

I also wanted to tell you that your quote from Marie Barone just about made me wet myself! That was one of my favorite episodes!

I agree with you 150% We too where really disappointed about Cap n' Jacks......the most disappointing restaurant on our whole trip. We will not return.

I am very glad that I cancelled my ADR for Capt. Jacks awhile ago. It was mainly due to the increasing numbers of bad reviews and their lackluster menu. I agree that for a restaurant that is supposed to be mainly seafood, the menu selction is very poor. Hopefully they will change it someday.

I agree with you 150% We too where really disappointed about Cap n' Jacks......the most disappointing restaurant on our whole trip. We will not return.

I agree! I would never return to this resturant, my experience was so bad, it was the worst of our trip also.

Wow, I just checked their menu and you weren't kidding. There's just no selection at all anymore. They have only six entrees total and only three of those are seafood. Scratch Capt'n Jack's off my list.

Aarrgh! I just switched Tony's to LTT because I didn't see anything on the menu DH would eat. Now I'm worried about Cap'n Jacks too :( Crud crud crud. Off to scour over menus again.

we were very disapointed, too! we went for lunch this january, DH got the shrimp pasta, and me the chicken, he said the lobster sauce tasted like cheese sauce and the chicken pasta was just "eh" not good, but edible, we were very disapointed. the only good thing to me was the chocolate dessert, and DH liked the new england clam chowder, but we didn't like anything else, even the atmosphere was kinda "yucky" :confused3

WOW! I had heard only good reviews when I asked about it a few weeks ago. I am wanting to order the lobster, so as long as it is on the menu, I should be fine.(I hope)

we ate here on our honeymoon.. it was the WORST meal we have ever had in Disney World.. it was just awful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter