Captain's Grille at the Yacht Club

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by disneysmyhappyplace, May 11, 2010.

1. disneysmyhappyplace

disneysmyhappyplace Mouseketeer

Has anyone eaten dinner here? I was looking for some reviews, but can only find breakfast reviews. How is the food for dinner? We are considering for one of our table services: Thanks:thumbsup2

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. madalex

madalex DIS Veteran

Not a lot of atmosphere, but the food and service are both very good. This is not a "must do every trip" for me, but well worth a visit if you have never been there.

4. kvogel11202

kvogel11202 Mouseketeer

The food was good, I found the menu a little "limited" , but what they did have was good. As for service- the waiter was super nice, and very attentive, however the kitchen itself was slow, so the meal took forever. We've found this true at lunch and dinner, so go, but only if your up for a "leisurely" meal!

5. Mickeyfollowers

Mickeyfollowers DVC MEMBER SINCE 2004

We are also eating there for the first time during out Sept trip. We wanted to try some new places. I hope it is not going to be a let down.

6. jdisnut

jdisnut DIS Veteran

I had low expectations of this place, which probably clouds my opinion. My family made a reservation at Captain's Grille in a pinch, because we were trying to accommodate a picky relative on short notice. It served its purpose, and we were all pleasantly surprised.

It's simple and unpretentious, but the food is good and the dining room is almost always quiet. I would not make a point of eating there, but it works well when you're tired and need a nice place for a quick meal near your hotel room.

As an aside, the lunch menu looks wonderful. I am quite interested in trying it.

7. maraki527

maraki527 DIS Veteran

The food was ok but the service was awful. It took 2 1/2 hrs for our meal. We didnt have a big party at all it was only 2 of us.

8. ROEDISNEY

ROEDISNEY DIS Veteran My name

Love Capt Grill. Great food great service. Hidden gem. Definately would go back here.:thumbsup2

9. PoohsFan1

PoohsFan1 DIS Veteran

We have always wanted to try Captain's Grill out, but whenever we had to get rid of a ADR, that would be the lucky one. This September, we are determined to try it out for dinner (originally had lunch ADRs, but the dinner just looks so appealing, especially the crab legs :love:).

10. Must C Mickey

Must C Mickey Mouseketeer

We ate here in Jan and all really enjoyed it. If you'd like to see food pics and my review, click on my Trip Report link in my signature. It's on page one of my TR. Hope that helps.

11. jelliott04

jelliott04 DIS Veteran

We normally eat lunch here as we are from the South and don't get lobster rolls here. Grant it, the ones at Capt. Grill are not replicas of the ones we can get in NH but still...better than nothing. :)

On our last trip in Feb we noticed that the food was not as good as it was in the past. The lobster roll was only claw meat and not body meat which it used to be. Also, lunch took over 2 hours which is crazy!

J