Captain Jack Sparrow riding on a safari truck at AK

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by wehavesix, Nov 22, 2012.

1. wehavesix

wehavesix DIS Veteran

This morning as my family and I waited to board KS, we saw Jack Sparrow riding in the very back seat of a safari truck. It was a single seat behind the last bench seat. I yelled "Captain Jack" and he turned to look and gave that little finger wave he does. No smile. Full make up and pirate gear. We all laughed and wondered what the heck that was all about. :scratchin

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. TheRustyScupper

TheRustyScupper Just once, I want to see a liar's pants on fire.

Probably scouting locales for the next movie installment, "Pirates-9"

4. DisMN

DisMN DIS Veteran

Shhhhhh....it did not happen. You did not see what you think you saw!

:lmao:

5. jane2073

jane2073 DIS Veteran

Probably filming a spot for Disney 3-6-9 (Disney Channel). They did the same type of thing with Phineas and Ferb.

6. mesaboy2

mesaboy2 DIS Veteran

Could've simply been a guest in costume. We saw "him" on Star Tours over this past weekend.

7. larryz

larryz A few of my favorite turrets... DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Yeah -- "Pirates of the Serengetti." :lmao:

8. tony67

tony67 <font color=red>I always get odd looks when I put

Yes – assuming it is the same guy - he is Irish and from County Meath by the accent

I’m a bit surprised the let him into the parks – seems a little risky IMO – especially since (by his own comments) he likes to drink - we ran into him on the monorail from epcot to mk during f&w

9. LockShockBarrel

LockShockBarrel Pudge controls the weather.

Did the rules change that they're suddenly letting an adult in costume into a park?

10. mesaboy2

mesaboy2 DIS Veteran

The JS I saw on Star Tours politely declined any pictures, and explained he was only allowed in that way if he followed their rules.

11. stitchlovestink

stitchlovestink DIS Veteran

I saw a guy dressed as Captain Jack at DTD on OCT 31 that was pretty much a drop dead ringer!!!! He was posing for pictures there. The CMs I inquired with (because he was SO GOOD) said he was a local. and at DTD there is no rule about pics since it is an open district and Disney doesn't ever have their own characters do meet and greets there. So they don't monitor people taking pics out in the open areas. This guy was pretty incredible!! I was impressed and I'd say I tend not to impress easily. I wonder if maybe it's the same one?

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android