Capt. Jack Returns

Renysmom

DIS Veteran
Anyone hear anything about this?

Johnny Depp on board for 'Pirates' 4

Newsday.com
10:21 AM EDT, September 26, 2008

Johnny Depp will reprise his role of the outrageous Jack Sparrow for a fourth installment of the "Pirates of the Caribbean" series. (The Associated Press)

Johnny Depp has signed on to do a fourth installment of the hugely successful "Pirates of the Caribbean" films, the Walt Disney Co. has announced.

At a star-studded showcase on Thursday in Los Angeles, Disney also disclosed that Depp, 45, is slated to play the sidekick Tonto in Jerry Bruckheimer's "The Lone Ranger" and the Mad Hatter in Tim Burton's "Alice in Wonderland." The company didn't say when the films would be released.

The first three "Pirates" movies, starring Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow, have garnered $1.62 billion in worldwide ticket sales and collectively cost $665 million to make, according to Internet Movie Database Inc. The newly announced films will make up for weakness in advertising and at Disney's theme parks, said Jason Helfstein, an analyst at Oppenheimer & Co. in New York.

I love the current 3, if they DARE screw this one up i will NOT be happy! WHy can't they leave good things alone?

*sigh*

I have heard some rumors about this, but I have not heard anything confirming this. If this is true I am extremely excited for the 4th movie!! :)

I Love the PoC Series, however the stories were all wrapped up. They can't include Will nor Liz when at the end of three you see the couple 10 years later and their son, so you know they can't be part of this movie... They can only show Capt Jack going after the fountain of youth and all the adventure that entails.

I love Capt Jack pirate: I like others DIZ posters here fear for the worst and PRAY for the best.

:banana: :cool1: :thumbsup2 :yay: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

I don't care what anyone else in this world thinks LOL this is GREAT news to me!!! :banana: :cool1: :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter