Cape May's New Menu

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by North of Mouse, Dec 3, 2012.

1. North of Mouse

North of Mouse DIS Veteran

Just ate at Cape May tonight, first time since menu change. I really missed the ribs, and plain clam chowder. The crab legs are as good as always, and really everything else was good.

Just wish they hadn't taken away the ribs, clam chowder (now seafood chowder and thicker), flan (now individual servings, but not as creamy, rather dry), oreo bon-bons, and a few other things I can't remember.

My DH was totally satisfied though as the crab legs and boiled shrimp are mostly what he eats.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Kay1

Kay1 <font color=red>Check out Ricki's hidden Mickey!<b

I don't eat ribs but I hear you on the seafood chowder - I wonder what all is in there? The clam chowder was a big favorite for me.

Sorry about the changes, but thanks for the news.

:)

4. North of Mouse

The chowder had clams, shrimp, scallops (or fish cubes (?)),corn, potatoes, not sure of anything else. It was OK, but not the clam chowder I knew and loved. They told me for future reference that had I asked, they could have brought me out a bowl of their *original* clam chowder as that is the *base* for which they make the seafood chowder now. Kind of late for me now though ;)

5. Christine9125

Christine9125 DIS Veteran

The menu I seen had the crab legs only being there on certain nights, is this true?

6. Zandy595

Zandy595 DIS Veteran<br><font color=green>The other day I f

Where is everyone finding the new menu?

7. Christine9125

allearsdotnet

8. TDluvsDaisy

TDluvsDaisy DVC Member BCV

Really?? :thumbsup2 My DH would love to get the old clam chowder. He thought the new seafood chowder was too thick. Too much of a good thing I guess.

I also miss the oreo bon-bons. But not enough to go buy them outside of the regular buffet price. :sad2:

9. Zandy595

I must be looking at something different. The last menu update for Cape May Cafe was 4/12.

10. crazy4wdw

crazy4wdw DIS Veteran

Cape May was one of my favorite dining locations at WDW. I ate there this past October and was disappointed with the change to the clam chowder, not nearly as good as it was in the past. The chowder contained lots of corn and didn't have as many clams as in the past. I also noticed that the steamed shrimp were also not on the buffet as in past years. Also seemed like there were fewer choices all around like the vegtables and other meats. The price is now up to $38 per adult which is really getting pricey for me.

11. Maelstrom_

Maelstrom_ Welcome Home

Going here tonight. Anybody know if they still have crab legs? I really hope they do

12. Eastern

Eastern DIS Veteran

I could only find the old menu on allears. Can anyone tell me what else was on the buffet?

13. North of Mouse

We just ate there Mon. night, and yes, they have crab legs every night - yum!

14. North of Mouse

We *found* it by eating there Mon. night, also by hearing about it when they closed to refurbish.

They still have large steamed shrimp, but they're already peeled :thumbsup2 My DH loves them;) I do really miss the ribs (the new braised shortribs are a misnomer though because there are no ribs, just shredded meat).

Loved the old desserts best, although there are still some good ones.

15. pauly's girl

pauly's girl Mouseketeer

Im glad to hear the crab legs and shrimp are still there, this is a must do for our family!! I hope nothing else changes. We are going in Sept and we are really looking forward to our seafood night! :woohoo:

16. Zandy595

Do they still have clams? Does the interior of the restaurant look different, after the refurb?

17. Christine9125

I will also be there next September and hope nothing else changes.

18. disneydee6

disneydee6 DIS Veteran

Yea, also not happy with the menu changes. And when is allears gonna update???

19. North of Mouse

Yes, they still have clams also.

And no, to us, from what we noticed everything looks basically the same - didn't notice all the decor though - too busy eating crab legs ;)

20. Simba's Mom

Simba's Mom <font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha

Can anyone confirm for me that their clam chowder is still available in the BC Marketplace? When DH and I were there in late October, I ate the clam chowder from the BC Marketplace every night for dinner, I loved it so much. Usually we make one trip to the Cape May Buffet, but I'll just go to the Marketplace if they have the clam chowder.

21. Canadian Disney Mom

Canadian Disney Mom Formerly Tollerwalker - originally joined July '05

We are eating there for the first time at the end of this month. Do they have a carving station like the other buffets and a "kids station"? My DS is a picky eater and does not eat fish.

Thanks!!