Cape may vs. chef mickey

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Reservations' started by Disneyaddictz, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Disneyaddictz

Disneyaddictz DIS Veteran

I thought I had solid plans for our upcoming trip in march but I'm starting to second guess our chef Mickey ADR. I checked and there is still avalibility at cape may if I decide to change but not many other non park options and I needed some thoughts! Pros, cons, which do you prefer and why? We are going at 9am on our way to the water park! Thanks for the help!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. deb010305

deb010305 Mouseketeer

Breakfast at Chef Mickey's was very loud compared to Cape May Cafe. We also felt that the atmosphere at Cape May Cafe was more relaxed, we felt rather rushed at Chef Mickey's. Also, the cast members (waitresses) were friendlier and more helpful at Cape May Cafe; and the food quality was definately better at Cape May Cafe.

4. MEK

MEK DIS Veteran

Personally I prefer Cape May Cafe. I think they have a great breakfast buffet and the character interaction is good. Plus getting to visit the Beach Club Resort is always a plus. It's a win-win.

5. MichelleWDWfan

MichelleWDWfan Mouseketeer

Cape May Cafe is very nice. Have eaten there several times for breakfast.
    They do not rush you and the buffet food quality is better then Chef Mickey's
    I've experienced some fantastic servers at Cape May Cafe as well.

I've eaten at Chef Mickey's 2 x for breakfast.

I like character meals, and on this next trip I am having breakfast at both Chef Mickey's AND Cape May Cafe. :rotfl:

On another note..one character meal not to be missed is Donald's safari breakfast @ Tusker House in Animal Kingdom. Another awesome character meal, with characters dressed in safari clothes. Actually they have breakfast and Lunch. I prefer the breakfast.

6. Disneyaddictz

Disneyaddictz DIS Veteran

Thanks guys!! I was able to cancel chef Mickey and book cape may!