CAPE MAY Hotels - Ideas??

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by Muddy Rivers, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Muddy Rivers

Muddy Rivers Mouseketeer

Can anyone offer any suggestions? We are looking for a hotel in or very near Cape May NJ for late September/Early October. I've never stayed in a Bed and Breakfast and am a little leery of anything that's not a well known chain. We don't mind staying a little outside the town but not too far. Can anyone offer any suggestions. I have found several independent places but photos online can always be deceiving.

DIS people have always been sooo helpful in the past!

PS - Any dining suggestions are also welcome.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Irin997

Irin997 DIS Veteran

My DH and I stayed at the Ocean Club in April when we were in town for a wedding. It was newly renovated and beautiful! We would stay there again in a heartbeat. It had much better reviews than the Grand Hotel next door which was where the wedding was held.

http://www.capemayoceanclubhotel.com/

4. Muddy Rivers

Muddy Rivers Mouseketeer

So funny that you suggested the Ocean Club. It was the one I was researching this morning. Makes me feel better about my choice so far.

Thank you so much!

5. Mouseless2Long

Mouseless2Long Mouseketeer

My brother lives in Cape May, and his recommendation is the Victorian. http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...iews-Victorian_Motel-Cape_May_New_Jersey.html

Dinner at the Island Grill! It's BYOB and cash only (liquor store and ATM are right next door), but the food is great! Plus it has it's own parking lot which is a rarity in Cape May. You can eat there and leave the car in the lot while you walk around the mall.

6. Muddy Rivers

Muddy Rivers Mouseketeer

:). Sounds great!

7. eyes4eeyore

eyes4eeyore Mouseketeer

We like the Madison Avenue Beach Club. We've been there twice and both times it's been clean and ample for hubby and I. Nothing grand, but clean and nice.... for a good price. It's certainly NOT a what I would call a "beach club" though. Truthfully it's a motel with some suites on the 2nd floor but we've been happy and hope to stay there again.:goodvibes

We stayed at the Congress Hall Inn once and HATED it. Historic?...Yes! Charming?...Yes! But the room was so gross...ripped chair, food on the floor, broken toilet lid, stained window treatments, a three inch gap on the bathroom door and paper thin walls...ugh. We paid a good bit and it was a huge disappointment.

I love Cape May!!! Have fun!

8. Muddy Rivers

Muddy Rivers Mouseketeer

Thank you for your input. I'm glad to hear the bad with the good sometimes. I now know what to avoid.