1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Cape May Dinner - Get In Early?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by budafam, Nov 20, 2013.

1. budafam

budafam DIS Veteran

We have an 8:30 reservation for Cape May... I'm thinking we might be ready to eat a bit earlier and of course there's no reservations available now. Is there a good chance we'll be able to be seated earlier?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. TDluvsDaisy

TDluvsDaisy DVC Member BCV

I would keep stalking the ADR website. Depending on the time of year it can be busy all the way up until closing.

That said, I've noticed that wait times can go down dramatically after 7:30pm.

Good luck!

4. melissafox18

melissafox18 DIS Veteran

Breakfast or dinner? Not that it really matters that much!

I just helped my boss book his ADRs and stalked the system twice a day (once when I got to work and once around lunch time) thinking that it would be the most common time for people to use the internet during the day. I was able to get a 7:45 breakfast ressie for him (table for 5) about a week out. An 8 am ressie also became available shortly after that (because I'm weird and I continue to look for my own informational purposes)!

Persistence pays off with the ADR system, especially in the final 2 weeks before your trip. I was able to get ADRs for every restaurant I wanted on our last trip within about 45 minutes of my "ideal" time including Le Cellier and Crystal Palace pre-park opening.

5. Hopefully

Hopefully DIS Veteran

Not a good chance, but a chance. If it was avaialble (good chance) you could book it now. If you can't book it it is because they are full. Arriving early to a full restaurant will only result in a wait and disappointment.
    But people do cancel all the time. So keep checking on line right up to the day of the ADR. You may get lucky that way

6. budafam

budafam DIS Veteran

Thank you! It would be for dinner. I've always had good luck showing up early for reservations at resorts. The only ones I've been told to wait till my time have been in the parks so it's not like we couldn't occupy ourselves. I have been watching the ADR's for months now and having absolutely no luck whatsoever but I will keep watching.

7. heidijanesmith

heidijanesmith DIS Veteran

We usually show up about 15min prior to our reservation time. Cape May was very busy the last couple times we have been there for dinner and had to wait a little bit past our reservation time. We just hung out in the lobby with our pager.

You could always try to get in early, but I would not count on getting in.

8. matheke

matheke DIS Veteran

We tried last year and were an hour early. They explained that they are under no obligation to let us in early and gave us a pager. It went off 50 minutes later so we did get in 10 minutes early.

9. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

As others have said, you can try, but depending on just how much earlier you want, it might not be possible as Cape May is pretty popular and books up fast. We have been seated 10-15 minutes prior to our ADR time in the past, but our ADR is usually right around opening time, so it's not too busy yet. I would keep checking for an earlier time right up until the time you leave, but if nothing becomes available, it won't hurt to show up early and see what they say. Good luck.

10. chemnerd09

chemnerd09 Mouseketeer

I keep checking every few days too. I could only get a reservation at 8:00pm for 12/5 and I'm not a fan of eating that late, but I'll take any reservation over no reservation.