Cape May Clambake or Ohana?

AuroraMeansDawn

DIS Veteran
I'm waffling between these two. I've done Cape May for breakfast but not dinner and we've eaten at Ohana but with some dietary restrictions I'm leaning towards Cape May just for the variety and ease of getting green salads and sides without noodles and bread pudding tempting me.

Can anyone who has experienced the Clambake give me some insights?

I think it's possible to eat healthily at Cape May and still be more than satisfied with your meal. Adult DS and I have eaten there twice and would absolutely go again. I really liked how varied the food choices were, something which can't be said about 'Ohana since everyone gets the exact same meal. We did try 'Ohana once, and while the food was tasty enough we're not dying to return.

Just what kind of dietary restrictions are you talking about? That'll help us to give you better advice.

If you're looking at an ADR for the March trip listed in your signature, I suspect that ADR availability will drive your decision. Good luck getting an 'Ohana dinner ADR.

I'd look over the menu and decide which has food that looks more appealing to your group. We like the food at both. If you're wanting to try something new and you've already eaten at 'Ohana then unless you've got people in your group who either won't or can't eat the food at CMC then book your ADR there.

Sorry. I should have been more clear. We tend to avoid starches and eat more lean proteins and greens. I'm a recently diagnosed diabetic and DH and DS are supportive in the way they eat for the most part. I knew that I could get my protein in at Ohana but honey corriander chicken wings, noodles, a sweet salad dressing and potstickers probably aren't the best options.

We have an Ohana reservation already but I'm contemplating changing it to Cape May because I think we may have better offerings that fit the way we eat. I just rarely see comments or reviews of the Clambake so I was wondering what folks had thought of it. Thanks for reading and your feedback.

You really can't get much more healthy protein than seafood, especially if you lay off dipping it in butter ( which I personally couldn't do, but hey to each their own) so I vote Cape May. We did both in January. I thought the meat at Ohana's was gross other than the chicken. The steamed seafood at Cape May, however was awesome.

I am a fan of both restaurants but if I had to pick between the two, I would go with Cape May Clam Bake every time.

:)

Thanks all...I just let go of the Ohana ressie and moved it to Cape May's Clambake. Mmm...crab and shrimp. Works for me!

We just had dinner at the clambake last week. It was absolutely our favorite meal of the entire trip!!!

Other TS's were:
BOG
Le Chefs
Narcoossee's
Teppan Edo
50's PT
SciFi

We loved it so much we'll be going twice next trip!!!

Salads were fresh & very good!
As were all the seafood offerings & there was lots of fruit.

I can't believe we've never eaten there before!!!

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards

I agree with the Cape May ate there for the first time last year and it was the best meal of our whole trip

We love both places. Cape May Cafe is a great time. The crab legs, shrimp & clams &other food is delicious. There is salad, lots of veggie side dishes, pizza, fish, soup. lots of stuff. You will love it.Here is the menu from allears. I love their website for the menus.http://allears.net/menu/menu_cmc.htm

In looking at the menu it appears crab legs and all the real good stuff is only on Sundayand Friday.

Am I misreading that?

In looking at the menu it appears crab legs and all the real good stuff is only on Sundayand Friday.

Am I misreading that?

Where did you check? The menu might not be clear, but they definitely have crab legs, clams, muscles, shrimp, etc. every night.

I think they do a rotation with calamari, cod and fried shrimp.

The steamed shrimp is always there. :goodvibes

When did the peel and eat
steamed shrimp come back? I think it was last may we were there and they had shrimp in some sort of salad where the steam shrimp was and the waitress we had said they didn't have the steamed shrimp anymore.

smcabee said:
steamed shrimp come back? I think it was last may we were there and they had shrimp in some sort of salad where the steam shrimp was and the waitress we had said they didn't have the steamed shrimp anymore.

That might be what I'm talking about... They weren't peel and eat, but I don't remember them having anything with them. They were right beside some in a salad (that I hated, but DH loved). I had some of the plain ones. They were cold, but I didn't have to peel them. I only ate a couple because I was focused on the crab. DH probably had 2 pounds of shrimp!!! :eek:

We were there last Thursday, I think. Calamari night - which was surprisingly good! I didn't expect it to be good on a buffet.

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards

We were there three years in a row & the shrimp were there each time. I really dont think they remove it on certain days. They had a different fish dish each time. But the other seafood was there each time(not only on those specified nightsthat are listed).

I'm waffling between these two. I've done Cape May for breakfast but not dinner and we've eaten at Ohana but with some dietary restrictions I'm leaning towards Cape May just for the variety and ease of getting green salads and sides without noodles and bread pudding tempting me.

Can anyone who has experienced the Clambake give me some insights?

What a choice ;) They are both *must dos* for us. If you like crab legs, you will definitely love Cape Mays. They also have other seafood dishes, plus non-seafood also.

We were there three years in a row & the shrimp were there each time. I really dont think they remove it on certain days. They had a different fish dish each time. But the other seafood was there each time(not only on those specified nightsthat are listed).

We go there twice each trip, and have never seen the shrimp on the non-shrimp nights. Was so disappointed, as we love the fried shrimp (not talking about the peel & eat shrimp - they *are* there every night).

Actually, they did go through a period when they *did not* have the peel & eat shrimp, just the shrimp in a salad. There was such an *out cry* that the peel & eat shrimp are back (as of Dec.) minus the peel - just eat. :laughing: That's the way it was then anyway!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter