Cape May Cafe - Non Fish Eater?

krissyh

DIS Veteran
DBF loves good fish (which we don't get a lot of in Western NY).
I am allergic - not a contact concern, just can't eat two kinds, so I don't eat any.

So - here's the question: What do you think of CCM?
We normally don't do buffets. After a long day at the parks we like Table Service but he really loves good fish.
Is it "good" fish? Will I find food for me? I can live with food from the child's buffet for one night if I have to. And is the corn on the cob steamed with shell fish? That I would have to avoid.

OK - really wordy. Your thoughts?

There is some choice, the menu is at www.allearsnet.com under dinning. However, I'd have a word with the staff to make sure that the food you have is clear as there may be the chance of cross contamination and they are very good at dealing with allergies.

THe allergy is really not an issue - it's not like the peanut thing. I just am allergic to white fish and shell fish. I've been to many fish restaurants without a problem.

I just want to know if a fish lover will enjoy this since I have no idea looking at a menu when it comes to fish and if a non-fish eater will leave full.

My DH does not eat fish at all and he finds plenty to eat at CMC. Quite honestly, I don't find the food to be "overwhelmingly seafood". I think they have quite a mix. If you don't want to do a buffet, check out the menu at Flying Fish @ the Boardwalk (just a short walk from CMC). It's a table service restaurant. Mind you, I've never eaten there, but with "fish" in the name, I would hope they have good fish.

Do you mean Cape May Cafe Buffet?

Assuming you do, personally, I think that there are a lot of better places in the world to get a good piece of fish and you can have a good meal too.

Coral Reef, Flying Fish, I think there are one or two places over at Poly. In my experience, seafood buffets tend to have a lot of fried and breaded fish and it has to sit there for a long time.

Highly recommend it!! :thumbsup2
My DM and I both never touch any form of seafood- but her DH (my DD) LOVES it! He requests to go there every trip- and we are both VERY glad to go back!! :teeth: Very good variety that is very tasty!! And an awesome dessert bar!!!!! :love: MMMmm oreo bon bons... :cloud9:

I like seafood and my husband does not. We both had a great meal there!

I would not call seafood at CMC "good" by any means...maybe I'm picky b/c I grew up on the South Shore of Boston, but I will not eat seafood at this buffet again...I like BC, but that's the only positive I can say. DH did find stuff to eat though, and he isn't a seafood person. I do agree the dessert bar is fun.

I dislike seafood..even the smell grosses me out! BF,mom and dad LOVE seafood. We go and I can eat there just fine (besides disliking seafood I am a picky eater!).

I wouldn't call Cape May Cafe a place to get "good" seafood. We like it, but it's definitely not somewhere we go for an authentic seafood taste. As others have mentioned, there are many other things on the buffet. I think that this past time, the only actual fish that I saw on the buffet was a salmon. Then there are the steamed clams & shrimp, but they are all buffet quality seafood.
Cheers!
Heather W

Karel said:
Do you mean Cape May Cafe Buffet?

Assuming you do, personally, I think that there are a lot of better places in the world to get a good piece of fish and you can have a good meal too.

Coral Reef, Flying Fish, I think there are one or two places over at Poly. In my experience, seafood buffets tend to have a lot of fried and breaded fish and it has to sit there for a long time.
ITA, we were very disappointed in Cape May. Absolutely the worst meal ever for us in WDW!!!! Stay away. Too many other great choices around.

This is my favorite buffet at Disney, and I don't eat fish. They have nice meats.

We love Cape May. We eat here on every trip. Typically buffets are not our thing, but the food selections are very good. We do not eat seafood, and still enjoy it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter