Cape May Cafe Dinner Reviews and Pictures?

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Reviews' started by L-Harper, Mar 20, 2011.

1. L-Harper

L-Harper DIS Veteran

Please post your reviews and pictures of dinner at Cape May Cafe! I'd love to know what all to expect in September. :yay:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. johnsonginad

johnsonginad Mouseketeer

I'll be there this upcoming Saturday!!! :cool1: Can't wait! I'll try to get some good pictures and report back. =)

4. L-Harper

L-Harper DIS Veteran

I hope you have an amazing trip and would love it if you came back with a review and some photos!

5. tpholland

tpholland Every day is a Disney day in my heart

Sorry, I don't have any great pics (we were too busy shoveling it in), but we enjoyed it very much. We already have ressies for this September.
    I do have one of our dessrt:

[​IMG]

6. SnowWhite33

SnowWhite33 DIS Veteran

Those desserts look amazing, especially for a buffet.

We are going in June for the first time-can't wait:cool1:

7. ObsessedDisPlanner

ObsessedDisPlanner OCD of ADR revising!!

Great thread idea! We are going there for dinner for the first time in May, im not too worried about it, I have YET to have bad food at Disney, but I would like to see some pics of those YUMMY Crab Legs, so anyone there now, PLEASE HELP US OUT!! LOL!!

8. MickeyNicki

MickeyNicki It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out a

Click on my Feb 2011 trip for tons of pics and reviews...it is our favorite place to eat at WDW

9. tink0283

tink0283 Mouseketeer

we ate here for dinner this past dec. it was great! it was my husbands fav. dinner of our entire trip!

here are some pics...we kinda forgot to take some pics since we were so busy eating :laughing: but we did remember to take a few of our first plates.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

salt water taffy given to us with the check...a nice touch!
    [​IMG]

10. Havana

Havana DIS Veteran

I forgot about the salt water taffy they give with the check. Oh how I miss Cape May, can't wait to go back!

11. emmababy

emmababy DIS Veteran

Is there fried shrimp every night now or only on certain nights? I have never seen fried shrimp there before.

12. Aikenfamily

Aikenfamily Earning My Ears

mmmm...we're going there in 2 weeks!

13. LockShockBarrel

LockShockBarrel Pudge controls the weather.

There's a review and some pics in my trip report, link in my signature. We enjoyed it!

14. MickeyNicki

MickeyNicki It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out a

I think it is on Mon, Wed and Sat nights...we had it last month and the smell and taste of amonia was overwhelming :confused3 I was so bummed because we love fried shrimp

15. disneyfan551

disneyfan551 <font color=009900>mrsG551<br><font color=993300>I

We went for the first time last July, and was quite surprised! Of course we went for the crab legs, but there were several things really good on the buffet! Yummo!! :banana:

16. tink0283

tink0283 Mouseketeer

we ate there on a saturday night and had the shrimp. we thought it was great! it was the best fried shrimp we had ever had...and coming from my husband who LOVES fried shrimp that's saying something! there was something different about the batter :confused3 but a good different :thumbsup2 . it was really yummy!

17. DaniBeems

DaniBeems Earning My Ears

Those desserts look delicious! Do you remember what each of them were? I am a big chocolate lover, but I think all of those look like I would really enjoy them! Then again...I am just a big sweets lover :)

18. tink0283

tink0283 Mouseketeer

Raspberry cheesecake, Flan, Blondie Brownie and Key Lime Tart...the raspberry cheesecake was my fav!

they ran out of Oreo Bon Bons right as i was heading to the dessert buffet :sad2: so normally I would have some chocolate on my plate but i was too late that night! (we had a late dinner reservation...so for future reference, i will make sure to visit the dessert buffet first!)

19. wdwpirates

wdwpirates Don't lose ya soul cuz it's all ya got. - DH

Hey kids! We went to Cape May Cafe for dinner in March of 2010 and December 2010. We enjoyed ourselves both times. In March of 2010 I found the crab legs to be overly salty...inedible even. I tried them from 2 different batches and it was the same with both. However, when we dined at CMC in December 2010 we found the crab legs to be PERFECT & DELICIOUS!!! I think there was a heavy handed salter in the kitchen on our March visit!!

Here are some pictures of of meals from the trip in March 2010. I don't have any pics from December 2010 but the selections were the same.

Feel free to ask any questions!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. rachel09985

rachel09985 DIS Veteran

21. boys938

boys938 Earning My Ears

We will be there in 2 weeks for our first time at BC and are trying Cape May Cafe. Can't wait!