Cape May Cafe Dinner Question

PrincessTiannaLove

Mouseketeer
Hi! Question for myself, DH, DD4, DS2
I have read both the menus on Allears & Disboards but wanting to clarify something. Do they only have certain items on certain nights? IE it says Wednesday Fried Shrimp but Sundays Crab Legs. Or do they have most everything most nights? We will have DxDP so cost doesn't matter, but deciding if it is the best option for us. We are staying at YC, so that doesn't affect our choice.

Also, if you happen to read this, which breakfast buffet would you prefer out of Cape May Café character dining or Captains Grille buffet? Is the food similar enough that if we don't go to both, we won't be missing out? Again DxDP so price doesn't matter to us (not that it doesn't matter, just a huge difference between character dining & not!):goodvibes. Just wondering thanks!

At cape may, They have crab legs every night. They have a different fried options during the week. Allears menu has not updated to the current menu. Touringplans.com I believe has an updated menu on what fried dish is served on certain nights.

Crab, clams, steamed shrimp, etc. every night!!!
Almost the entire menu every night.

They only rotate 3 items - fried calamari, fried shrimp, and fried cod.

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards

We prefer Captains Grille Breakfast buffet because it's not as busy, easy to get ADR, & quiet, but no Characters (in case you're looking for that).

I've never really payed much attention to Cape Mays seafood choices as I don't really like seafood, so I eat everything else (the salads are really fresh & good). We go because DH loves Cape May, it's his 2nd fav after Yachtmans Steakhouse!:offtopic:

We ate at Cape May for dinner on our last trip (Sept), it was WONDERFUL!!! If you like seafood then I highly recommend eating there.

On the other hand, we did the character dining there for breakfast and I wasn't too happy with it. I guess I remembered the last time we ate there and it was almost empty, we had to tell the characters to stop coming over so we could eat. This time, the characters just popped in for a quick picture and they were gone, the place was pretty crowded and I just wasn't happy with the food selection or taste. I really wished we did the Chef Mickey again, the characters are great over there, really interacted w/my older kids and the food was very good. We were staying at the BC was it was more convenient to do the Cape May characters.

We had crab, clams, steamed shrimp and fried calamari on our night. It was wonderful. The best dinner of our trip by far! There was plenty of food, refilled often and very fresh. DD and DS ate buckets and buckets of crab.

heidijanesmith said:
We had crab, clams, steamed shrimp and fried calamari on our night. It was wonderful. The best dinner of our trip by far! There was plenty of food, refilled often and very fresh. DD and DS ate buckets and buckets of crab.

Wonder if we were there the same night? Jan. 25?

It was also our best meal!!!! Loved it!!!!!

touringplans.com has fried clam strips instead of fried cod. Anyone know which it is? I'd prefer the cod.

Maggie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter