Can't Think of a Cute Title Just Lots of Pics

Overall Thoughts and Opinions This was the surprise meal of the trip. Even though we were reluctant to try it, everyone enjoyed their meal. Service was excellent and the food was too. I'm not too sure how authentic it is, but we enjoyed the food anyway. I'm glad we tried it. I don't know if it's a must do now, but I would definitely eat here again.

This is how we felt last year at Chefs De France. DH really wanted to try it. The kids and I were not as excited. We ended up LOVING it! We're going back in November(even though our ressie is not during a "Remy" time this year) We're looking forward to it!

DS had also said he wouldn't mind eating at Le Cellier again. I didn't want to use two DDP credits for it, so we went with a lunch ADR. I think our ADR time was 1:00.

Check in was outside in the main World Showcase area instead of next to the resturant. I would've walked right by her and headed on down to the restaurant but DH saw her and checked us in. The hostess told us to go down to the restaurant and we could either wait inside or outside and we would be seated soon. Well it was about 93 degrees out so we went with waiting inside. There was only one other party waiting to be seating, so I assumed the restaurant wasn't full. We were seated just a couple of minutes after sitting down, and I was wrong the resturant was full.

So after being seated our server took our drink order and explained about the different areas. She told us what section we were in but I don't recall wich is was. She brought us some bread and our drinks.

Basket of Bread
9497134a.jpg

I'm not sure what all the breads are except the pretzel bread. There's one missing but she brought all of a piece of pretzel bread so we would each have our own. It seems like the last time we were here the bread was all breadsticks, but now two of them are rolls. The pretzel bread is excellent, is had just a mild pretzel taste but is soft, chewy, and just slightly salty. Add a little dab of the butter ball and it just takes it over the top. I think I could just eat a basket of pretzel bread.

LeCellier House Burger
43b52928.jpg

DS got the house burger. I tried to get him to get a steak but he wouldn't hear of it. Of course when he got done he said that he should've got the steak :rolleyes1 The burger came with bacon, crispy onion, mushrooms, cheddar, and maple BBQ sauce. He got it without mushrooms. He said he liked the burger but it was very sweet with the maple BBQ sauce. He said by then end of the burger it was too sweet.

New York Strip Steak
7a2e0cb4.jpg

DH got the steak. It came with cream cheese mashed potatoes but he doesn't care for cream cheese so he asked to substitute fries. That was no problem. DH liked his steak, but it was nothing special just a steak. It was cooked medium well like he ordered it.

Mushroom Filet Mignon
408df968.jpg

I got the filet. I get this every time, I just can't help it. One of the reasons is there's no place to get risotto where I live. The last time I got it the risotto it was a little chalky so I was a little nervous about getting it this time. I ordered my steak medium and it came out perfectly cooked. I was glad to say the risotto was perfect. Very creamy and not chalky at all. The risotto is very rich with a lot of mushroom taste. Even if the mushrooms weren't on the plate it would still taste like mushroom.

Now on to the desserts.

Chocolate Moose
a08ad2e6.jpg

I got the moose. It was just chocolate mousse. I don't know why I get this because I really don't care for it. It's just OK mousse. Nothing else really caught my eye on the dessert menu, so I guess that's why.

Chocolate “Nanaimo” Bar
5657c5c0.jpg

I wish I had wrote something down about this. I don't remember much about it and DH is asleep. I had to go to WDW sight to find the name and even then I only found it as part of the chocolate trio. It wasn't part of a trio but I remembered the odd name because I couldn't pronounce it. I remember the ice cream was coffee flavored, very mild coffee flavored not like that dessert at Kona. Seems like the bottom of the actual dessert was kind of like a brownie with a heavy cream or pudding on top.

Maple Creme Brulee
faaab6b5.jpg

DS got the creme brulee. It's just a typical creme brulee but it does have a strong maple flavor to it.

Overall Thoughts and Opinions We enjoyed our meal overall. I was glad DS said he wanted to do it again. The food and service was good. We especially enjoyed the pretzel bread. I wish all WDW restaraunts had bread for the table. It is very dark inside and the table are a little close together. I had to worm my way to the restrooms. But we still enjoyed it and would consider lunch here again.

Glad to hear you enjoyed Le Cellier, I totally agree the bread is amazing there.

This was our last full day at WDW. Since we did a TS for lunch we just did counter service for dinner. We debated on where to eat, we were going to MK later for the fireworks and castle show. We finally decided just to eat at the food court over someplace at MK.

DS and I got the pasta again. I won't bore you with another pasta picture, but I did want to post a pic of the shrimp to give you an idea of the shrimp size. It's medium sized shrimp, not large by any means but not too small.

548c439d.jpg

I enjoyed the pasta too. The only complaint would be the sauce went to the bottom of the box so the top didn't have much sauce. It was too full at that point to try to stir it up. I would get the pasta again.

Turkey Dinner
728e7729.jpg

For dinner the food court has a carved meat section. They had turkey and roast beef. DH went with the turkey because he'd had so much beef the last week and a half. The turkey was moist and tasty. There were three veggies to choose from, corn, mashed taters, and mixed veggies. As you can see he went with the corn and mashed. Also you get a piece of cornbread that is the same as Boatwrights cornbread. It liked it, it was something different than what we'd been eating.

Desserts........

Cookie
169355c5.jpg

DS got the chocolate chip cookie. He learned his lesson last time he got the pasta, it doesn't leave much room for dessert. The cookie isn't too big, not as large as the ones we got at that store next to Starring Rolls (can't think of the name). It was good though. He let me have a small bite and it was very homemade tasting. It tasted like one grandma might have made.

Mickey Rice Krispy
43f52035.jpg

Sorry for the blurry picture. I went with the mickey rice krispy bar with chocolate ears. I got it because I wanted something for later. And, well, because I love those things. I actually ate it a couple of days after we got home and it was still good. Fresh and chewy. I will add here that not all Rice krispy stuff in WDW is the same. The mickey head ones on the popsicle stick loosely wrapped in saran wrap with a twist tie are the best. The other ones are not as good. I didn't get it this trip, but a year or two ago I got one at Main St Confections. I'm not sure of the shape but it had icing on it and sprinkles. It was awful. Hard as a brick.

Magic Cookie Bar
a6518b70.jpg

This item must be unique to POR because I've never seen it anywhere else. It's kind of a cookie, it's base is similar to a chocolate chip cookie without the chips. But it's in bar form and has coconut, chocolate chips, and either peanut butter or butterscotch chip. Neither one of us know if it's peanut butter or butterscotch. DH has got this a few times when we stayed at POR before. DH says it's just alright. They don't have a lot of selectioin in the bakery so this is what he gets. He says it's the best of the soso. I can eat a couple of bites but I just don't care for it. I don't know why, it's got everything on it I like, but I don't.

Overall Thoughts and Opinions Once again we enjoyed our meal here. I will agree with DH and say the bakery is a little lacking over some resort food courts, but I would say you can find something.

Chefs de France - I was pleasantly surprised when I ate there, too. My sister and I both got the French lunch, and loved the onion soup, sandwich and dessert! DH isn't too interested, it I think I will sneak it in sooner or later.

Le Cellier - I have a lunch ADR here for November and was debating canceling it based on poor reviews, but I have read so many positives lately, your included, that I think it is a keeper!:hippie:

Thanks for sharing!!!

The Magic cookie bar has butterscotch chips. Some places call it a 7 layer bar.

I make these at home sometimes.

This is the last day at WDW. Because we went offsite to Texas de Brazil, we had one set of CS credits to use. It's become a tradition for us to eat at Beaches and Cream right before we leave, so we used the credits for a CS breakfast at the resort.

Make Your Own Omelet
4988e979.jpg

DS actually got this but DH ended up eating it. DS thought the Bounty Platter DH got looked better than the omelete. I can't really say for sure what all could be put on the omelete. I know this one was ham, peppers, onion, and cheese. It was just a typical omelete, nothing stood out about it. DS and DH both like the potatoes but I didn't care for them. I thought they were too salty and had a spice on them I didn't care for.

Bounty Platter
34abaf53.jpg

DS and I actually ate the Bounty Platter. It came with eggs, two pieces of bacon, one sausage link, hash browns, a biscuit, and either a piece of french toast or one pancake. We both went with the french toast because the pancakes looked old and dried out. Once again just a typical breakfast, nothing to write home about. The bacon was a little chewy for my taste, but I like my bacon to be crisp. I like sausage links and rarely get to eat them so I enjoyed this one. As I said above, I thought the hash browns were salty and just OK. The french toast was fine. One thing I will say is WDW biscuits are pretty good. I had a couple at Crystal Palace that was tasty and I was pleased to find out this one was as good. Not quite as good as the Mamaws used to make, but better than most eat out biscuits. Better than Cracker Barrel. They don't know how to do gravy but the biscuits aren't too shabby.

There were plenty of breakfast condiments around. Plenty of jelly, butter, and syrup or anything else you would need.

Overall Thoughts and Opinions Everyone enjoyed their breakfast. It was just a typical WDW food court breakfast, nothing was great, nothing was bad.

Whew...... I'm about at the end. One more review.

Well I'm finally here to the end of my reviews. I hadn't done any in a while and I forgot how hard they can be.

So as I said in my previous post, eating at Beaches and Cream has become kind of a family saying goodbye to WDW tradition. We arrived a little after 12:30. There were a few parties ahead of us and she said it could be 25-35 minutes. I told her that was fine. We told her we would gladly sit at the counter, actually we would prefer it. We took the buzzer and grabbed one of the table with an umbrella so we could be in the shade and watch the pool, DS hit the arcade.

I didn't check my clock but I would say it did take areound 30 minutes to be seated. There was a table available or three spots at the counter, we asked for the counter. We've ate here several time and have had Delores as our server all but a couple of those times. We always remember her but she never remember us, which is totally understandable. Well low and behold if this time she didn't remember us. Finally after all these times.

So I guess the disappointing part of this is I forgot to take pictures of our entrees. I just totally forgot. The good part is I at least got pictures of dessert.

I will go ahead and review what we ate though.

DH got a cheeseburger. He says this burger tastes different than other WDW burgers. You can taste the freshness of the burger, that's the words he just used. The meat is cooked fresh and the bun was toasted right in front of us. I asked DH if it was a regular white bun or a Disney wheat bun. He wasn't sure. I thought B&C was one of the places that still had a white bun but DH can't confirm. Overall a good burger

DS and I got the roast beef sub, I got mine without the peppers because I don't like cooked green pepper. The sub was good but I do think it had less meat on it than in previous trips. When they bring it out it's kind of laid out flat, I always have trouble folding it up into a sandwich. This time I didn't have any problem doing that. It was still good. It reminded me of a philly. I've never had a real philly but it did remind me of the versions of other phillys I have had.

WE all enjoyed out food. Now on the the real reason we go to B&C.....DESSERT.

No Way Jose
25cdcf1a.jpg

This is like the greatest dessert ever. Chocolate and vanilla ice cream with hot fudge and peanut butter. Then of course whipped cream and chocolate and PB chips on top. I never thought about melting peanut butter and putting it on ice cream, but since the first time I had this dessert it's basically all I think about. I love this dessert. To me it's unique because I've never seen melted peanut butter as an option. Usually I get extra but this time I forgot.

Banana Split
e5a2ba06.jpg

DH watched them make this. They put hot fudge and caramel in the bottom, just drizzles not swimming in it (DH's quote). Then the banana on top of the sauces. Then it was just the normal chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla ice cream. Pineapple on the vanilla, strawberry on strawberry, but instead of chocolate on chocolate they put marshmallow cream on the chocolate. Then the whipped cream. Just a typical banana split though. DH thought it was interesting the way they put the sauce in the bottom and the marshmallow cream on the chocolate, it's just different.

Chocolate Milkshake
2c77d7af.jpg

DS got a chocolate shake. It was fine, nothing special. Just a shake made out of ice cream and blended instead of ice milk out of a machine. You get what's in the glass plus whatever is left in the metal mixing glass, there can be almost as much in there as in your glass..

Overall Thought and Opinions We love Beaches and Cream. I'm not sure why, thy food is good but not spectacular. I think it's the feel of the place. Just the feel of being in a small ice cream shop with a grill that just cooks the basics. We love it when we can sit at the counter and either watch them cook or watch them fix the ice cream. I also like the oldies palying on the jukebox. Also I think part of the reason is just so we can go to Beach Club and smell that Beach Club smell. I was glad that Delores finally remembered us :cool2:. As I said, this has become a family tradition and will continue to be.

Well this is the end of my reviews. Whew!! Took longer than I thought it would. I apoligize for all the misspelled words and typos. As I went back and looked thru there were a ton of them.

I thought I would end it by giving my final overall thoughts and opinons.

Overall we enjoyed our food. I'm glad we got the DDP this time around, but probably won't do it when we go again in October. Sometimes it works for us, sometimes it doesn't.

I would say overall the places we enjoyed least were 50's Prime Time and Ragland Road. Neither was awful, they were mostly just soso.

Our surprises of the trip would be Boatwrights and Chefs de France. Even if I wasn't staying at POR I would make the trip to Boatwrights. Chefs de France was good enough to be considered again.

Overall I felt like the service was very good. The worst service we got was still good. Two of the places that stood out for service was Teppan Edo and La Hacienda.

Wells thanks everyone for coming along for the ride. I wish I had taken snack pictures to post. DH tried to get me to but I didn't fool with it. Hopefully when we go back in October I can do an almost live review now that I have photobucket figured out again. I won't be able to do them as we eat but hopefully I will be able to do them every night.

Hope everyone enjoyed my reviews!!! I'll check back here now and then for a while, if anyone has any questions please post them and I will answer.

Thanks for sharing your review and photos. What a great way to end your trip with Beaches & Cream... I'm really craving a banana split right now thank you very much! :laughing:

I've loved these reviews and the photos!! You've got me so excited for our upcoming trip this summer. I've never done Beaches and Cream but I might have to make my way over there for that No Way Jose! We're staying at POR for the first time and I think my DD will love the pasta station. Thanks again for the fantastic reviews!

Great reviews! I especially liked the Chefs de France review, where we'll be eating in October. We're from western NC, not too far from eastern TN! Also not much French food where we are :sad2:

Great reviews! I especially liked the Chefs de France review, where we'll be eating in October. We're from western NC, not too far from eastern TN! Also not much French food where we are :sad2:

There's lots of BBQ where I live but not much fine cuisine ;)

Do you need an ADR for Beaches & Cream? It sounds cheesy, but SIL and BIL love ice cream, so maybe this would be a cute date night for them while we babysit their six month old!

Do you need an ADR for Beaches & Cream? It sounds cheesy, but SIL and BIL love ice cream, so maybe this would be a cute date night for them while we babysit their six month old!

You can't make an ADR for Beaches and Cream, it's not an option. It is a very small place. Seven tables and booths (I finally counted), plus about a dozen counter seats. They do have a To GO side but I don't think the ice cream menu is as extensive, more basic stuff like cones and shakes.

Just read your entire report and thought your pictures were wonderful!
Thought your reviews were great too. I feel I totally understood what you
were trying to convey. Thanks for all the great information. :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter