Can't remember where I saw it: SSR Congress Park/Walkway ???

MentalVacation

Mouseketeer
Ok, I saw that the DTD walkway by Congress Park is CLOSED making our request for that area less enticing (but probably more likely to be granted! LOL)

I was reading the Dis late one night this week and saw that while this walkway was closed, there was another walkway to the DTD Westside.....but now I can't find that thread with search. :confused3

SOoooooOOooo, SSR experts -- if Congress Park is no longer enticing, where should I request based on proximity to DTD walkway (to westside) with thoughts on pools/bus stops/etc also welcome....We are young and healthy and not afraid to walk, but it would be nice to be nearby if there is one area that is better than others. We have little kids so the pool would be the second item for proximity, and I thought I read one of the pools (Grandstand?) was closed? But again, I was very tired when reading and thus could just be confused. ;)

I believe the only walkway to DTD from SSR was the one behind Congress Park. Because that is closed due to the construction at DTD, you would need to take the WDW bus to DTD or the boat. When the new DTD area is finished, there will be a walkway over the water to DTD.

If you really wanted to walk, you could walk out the front of the resort along the street to DTD. However, I wouldn't advise that because there is no sidewalk for you to walk on until you get to where the old path was. Given all of that, it really doesn't matter where you stay. If you want to be close to the boat, you will need to stay somewhere near the main lobby(Grandstand, Springs, Carousel--if I remember correctly). Grandstand if the first bus stop out of the 5 stops. If your priority is being the first on a bus, stay there.

Ok, I saw that the DTD walkway by Congress Park is CLOSED making our request for that area less enticing (but probably more likely to be granted! LOL)

I was reading the Dis late one night this week and saw that while this walkway was closed, there was another walkway to the DTD Westside.....but now I can't find that thread with search. :confused3

SOoooooOOooo, SSR experts -- if Congress Park is no longer enticing, where should I request based on proximity to DTD walkway (to westside) with thoughts on pools/bus stops/etc also welcome....We are young and healthy and not afraid to walk, but it would be nice to be nearby if there is one area that is better than others. We have little kids so the pool would be the second item for proximity, and I thought I read one of the pools (Grandstand?) was closed? But again, I was very tired when reading and thus could just be confused. ;)

I believe the only walkway to DTD from SSR was the one behind Congress Park. Because that is closed due to the construction at DTD, you would need to take the WDW bus to DTD or the boat. When the new DTD area is finished, there will be a walkway over the water to DTD.

If you really wanted to walk, you could walk out the front of the resort along the street to DTD. However, I wouldn't advise that because there is no sidewalk for you to walk on until you get to where the old path was. Given all of that, it really doesn't matter where you stay. If you want to be close to the boat, you will need to stay somewhere near the main lobby(Grandstand, Springs, Carousel--if I remember correctly). Grandstand if the first bus stop out of the 5 stops. If your priority is being the first on a bus, stay there.

There is a second walkway that comes out on the Westside near Cirque Du Soliel. I'm not sure which location might be the best though. Maybe the Grandstand??

Springs is probably the best. Grandstand would be okay as well. The walkway is behind Turf Club and Bar...down by the water and the boat docks. We'll be using that walkway in Dec.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter