can't decide

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by torismom, Jun 19, 2002.

1. torismom

torismom DIS Veteran

Jul 4, 2000
    I have no idea what I want to do, LOL. We are going in Oct. for a long weekend to attend MNSSHP. This is the only park we will be doing. This is a trip to relax, connect and enjoy our children (dh is working apx 18 hrs a day) .Also,Take in some of the other fun things to do in the world.

At this moment I am booked In All Star Movies preferred with a dc discount. If and hopefully a code comes out I am going to upgrade
    but to where? We love pofq but have thought about cbr. I have thought about wl and renting dvc points. If we rent dvc points it would be closer to the time though (then something may not be available)

My kids are 1 and 4. So where would you stay and why?
  2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Ricola

Ricola Enjoying my family!

Jan 30, 2001
    I think a stay in a DVC resort would be great for you, but keep in mind that the points needed for a weekend (Fri or Sat) night are nearly double the points for a weeknight. AT VWL in October, a 2BR is 61 pts weekends, and 32 for weeknights. Can you make your trip during the week?

Otherwise, why not spring for a MK resort like the Poly or CR? It would really be nice, especially since MK is the only park you plan on visiting.
  4. disdaddy

disdaddy Earning My Ears

Jun 19, 2000
    you could try to get a discount at the contemporary...sometimes there are good deals to be had there. in addition, if you plan on spending a lot of time at mk, the monorail is great with little kids (or you could even walk to mk from there)!
  5. BrianD

BrianD DIS Veteran

Dec 13, 2001
    You could probably get a slightly better rate for a garden view at the Contemporary, but if you're wanting a "relaxing" environment, I would spring for the Polynesian if it's in your budget.