Candy for crew members on DCL

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by safetymom, Nov 28, 2012.

1. safetymom

safetymom Super Moderator

Just heard from a friend who is a crew member for DCL. They said that the crew members like receiving candy when you drop off items for signing and the kids clubs. It seems lately that people have been leaving other items for the crew members. So pack some candy the next time you cruise on DCL. They really do appreciate it. Thanks. :)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. chemnerd09

chemnerd09 Mouseketeer

Thanks for the tip. I'll be sure to pack some when we go on our first one.

4. maria-fan-22

maria-fan-22 DIS Veteran

I gave a bag of jolly rancher to be donated to the crew to a girld at GS, she seemed genuinely ecstatic! I was thinking it was just a bag of jolly ranchers, but I think they don't get much candy or something. Small things go a long way... pirate:

5. Momma2Jax

Momma2Jax DIS Veteran

I included a box of packets of coco dusted almonds.. Thinking they may enjoy a healthier energy snack sometimes, too.

6. Ljbadfan

Ljbadfan disney fan

they really do love when they get candy. the small candy they said is easier for them, cause they can put a couple in there pockets for all day. when i went on my cruise in august, my wife and i gave them a bag of the childs play mix. the lady that day working guest services said, oh boy they will love the childs play mix. its their favorite kind.

7. Toria

Toria It all started with a mouse

I actually dropped off chocolate candy and OREOS! They were so excited about the OREOS. I gave the goodies directly the CM's at the kids club. I plan on doing the same when we cruise in 2 weeks.

8. Silverfox97

Silverfox97 PLATINUM Castaway Club

Mine too LOL

Thanks for the tip!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

9. Lori1960

Lori1960 Mouseketeer

I would not give candy with any kind of nuts cause you dont know if any of the CM has allegies to nuts

10. MouseMomx2

MouseMomx2 DIS Veteran

We have given a mix of candy, including peanut butter cups. It has never been a problem. There are nuts all over the ship. The CMs know what they can and can't have so I leave it up to them to decide which piece to eat.

11. Favorite Auntie

Favorite Auntie <font color=red>8 Disney nieces & nephews!<br><fon

When i dropped my stuff off to be signed I included a bag od Snickers. I have to say I did get way more signatures than any other time! Oh, and i would think the CMs with allergies know to be careful. Even candy that does not include nuts could be manufactured in a facility with nuts...

12. castawaycayfans

castawaycayfans DIS Veteran

I give peppermints and smarties, our cabin steward loved them. He said that they were easy to carry in his pocket.

13. scrapbookmomma74

scrapbookmomma74 We love DCL!!!

I've heard that gum is also hard to get for the CMs, so I always include a pack of gum as well. I make about 15 baggiess of candy to give out to the various CMs throughout the cruise. I've made the "bathroom sniper's" day by handing her a bag of candy...she almost hugged me! :)
    It's a little thing that goes a LONG way!
    We gave Oreos in August, had some extras from our FE, and our server was so excited about them! lol

14. neg58

neg58 DIS Veteran

Gum is hard to get because disney doesn't want it in the parks, on the ships, or for cast members to have it. Gum is hard to remove from floors and tables and even waste baskets. My daughter's school allowed the kids to have it during tests, and it was immediately everywhere, just spit out whenever the student was done with it. Gross.

Maybe the cast members aren't even allowed to have it? I love this rule. I HATE when clerks, waiters, or others have it when they are helping me, talking to me on the phone, or just how it looks when they are chewing.

Nancy