Candlelight Processional Package - How Early Were You Seated?

DisneyFamily123

Use the Force, Luke!
With the CP dining package, how early were you seated? I saw one post where people were seated at 6pm for the 6:45 show.

We have the 12/11 (N.P. Harris) 5pm show package... If they are seating people well before then..... I'd like to get in line early (3:30pm) so we are in line when seating starts and hopefully get seats up close..... then just relax until the show starts..... taking turns with DW if needed to get a drink or last minute bathrroom break.

I won't be going this year until next week, but if I remember correctly, they do open the seating for packages about 45 minutes ahead of the next show, and then open standby maybe 15-20 minutes before the show. I remember thinking many times that the people with package seating who were arriving very close to show time weren't having a lot of luck getting seats (it does pay to be early, even if you have the package) because of the standby guests.

I've never paid attention before. We're going tomorrow and next Friday. I'll post back.

Those with packages are allowed in, for seating, about 15/20 mins prior to the start of the show. The show runs about 45 mins...So, the 5pm show will get out at 5:45ish, then the choirs have to exit the theater, then the guests are allowed to leave...this takes awhile. So, those going to the 6:45 show, will most likely be allowed in around 6:30ish. But, the line will start forming around 5:45ish.

There is no way they allow people in 45 mins prior to the show...I've been every year, to at least one show per trip and sometimes two, for the past 9 years. Not once have we been allowed in more than 20 mins prior to showtime and usually it's 15 mins.

The standby line gets in about 10 mins prior to the start.
We have pkg for the 5pm show on the 11th as well. I plan to get into line at about 4:15ish....should be able to enter about 4:45. Buying the pkg does not mean you don't stand in line. I have always been in line for at least 30 mins.

Two questions:

1) Do they do the CP rain or shine?

2) We have reservations for the 8:15 p.m. show. If it takes 45 minutes and then we have to wait for the choir to file out, etc., how are we going to get to the reserved fireworks location in time for the 9 p.m. fireworks? (I'm guessing the anser to that is, "You won't." But just wondering how this worked out for others who have done the 8:15 show.)

2) We have reservations for the 8:15 p.m. show. If it takes 45 minutes and then we have to wait for the choir to file out, etc., how are we going to get to the reserved fireworks location in time for the 9 p.m. fireworks? (I'm guessing the anser to that is, "You won't." But just wondering how this worked out for others who have done the 8:15 show.)

The calendar on the WDW website shows the fireworks scheduled for 9.30pm throughout December, presumably to solve that problem!

Yes, it does go on in the rain, even the pouring down rain! That's a good reason to get in line early because you can be up front under roof. I have seen NP Harris, he does a good show. Michael Smith did a good job last week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter