• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Candlelight Processional narrator questions??

laceemouse

laceemouse
How late can they have TBD slots? We will be there during the time frame of the second one, it is hard to make plans when we don't know who the narrator is. Any idea when they will fill the slots? Any rumors about who might fill them? I am getting tired of waiting:confused:

Well, it's pretty much whenever Disney decides to plug someone in. But, here's the thing...any narrator that is booked now, can always have an issue and have to be replaced at the last minute. So, you should never count on someone being there.
If there is a particular night you want to go, I would just book it now. You can cancel it with no penalties if they put in a narrator you have no interest in seeing....as long as you cancel within the allotted time frame.

I know, I know. I am just so curious ;)
Our first night on property it will be Olivia Newton John. My 19 year old is a big Grease fan so that may be the way to go.
For the next three nights it is TBD.
Then it is Trace Adkins, and we are not country music fans.
I know we will just have to wait and see, I am not booking the dinner package, we are going to take our chances and be flexible.
We have seen many narators, and it is always good. The last two times we went it was Neil Patrick Harris :lovestruc

Then it is Trace Adkins, and we are not country music fans.

I know we will just have to wait and see, I am not booking the dinner package, we are going to take our chances and be flexible.

As others have said, he's not going to be singing any country music, just narrating, so it shouldn't really matter and he does have a nice speaking voice. We have seen the CP a number of times, with a different narrator each time, and it's always wonderful. It's really about the beautiful music and the story and the Christmas spirit. So, unless Bobcat Golthwait is narrating on a particular night, I don't think I'd worry too much about it ;)

As others have said, he's not going to be singing any country music, just narrating, so it shouldn't really matter and he does have a nice speaking voice. We have seen the CP a number of times, with a different narrator each time, and it's always wonderful. It's really about the beautiful music and the story and the Christmas spirit. So, unless Bobcat Golthwait is narrating on a particular night, I don't think I'd worry too much about it ;)

Well now...that would be interesting, to say the least. I've heard a lot of narrators...the worst for me??? Phil Donahue. He actually forgot various passages...kind of made the next song out of context!!! It happened a few times..so maybe he needed new glasses or something. But when you've seen the show multiple times you know when something is passed over.
I've had people I didn't think I would care for..but I did. David Ogden Stiers was one...man, he was really good. Neil Patrick Harris was incredible. Heather Headley, played Nala on Broadway, was to die for....simply unbelievable.
You just can never tell. We've seen others who we had looked forward to, and they were kinda blah.

Very funny :lmao:

We would just rather see a "star" who is a "star" to us, if that makes sense. I am sure he does a fine job.

Yes it makes sense. If Trace Adkins walked past me on the street I wouldn't know him from a can of beans so to me he's not "famous". To me he could be anybody from Louisiana.

Now Olivia Newton John (I have to whisper because the DW is the next room but major crush back in the day) also loved Xanadu May have to pull it up on Netflix.

Straitlover said:
Well, he won't be singing country music :) W/ that deep voice, I bet his narration sounds great!

I totally agree! Trace Adkins would be awesome

James Denton is narrating when we're there. We had to google who he is - and even now I have no idea what he sounds like. Oh well, I'm sure it'll still be great

Blair Underwood was just added for. Dec. 5.6.7 Trying to decide between him and Andy Garcia while we're there.

I also find CP more appealing when the narrator is a "star" in your eyes. I wouldn't be interested at all in seeing Trace Adkins. I have seen some really good narrators, though! I think Gary Sinise and Neil Patrick Harris were two of my faves. I've seen Blair Underwood and he's good too.

Blair Underwood was just added for. Dec. 5.6.7 Trying to decide between him and Andy Garcia while we're there.

We have CP reservations for the evening that Blair Underwood will be narrating. I don't know that i remember him doing it before. Anyone else know?

Has anyone heard Andy Garcia narrate? I'm not familiar with him (though I'm sure I must have seen him in a movie at one point), but we're booked for one of his nights.

We booked when Neil Patrick Harris is there, I would love to see Olivia Newton-John or Trace Atkins but we are not there at that time.

We too are arriving on Olivia's last night, and are waiting to see who will be there the following week. Not sure if we should do the whole dinner thing as well. Guess we'll have to wait and see!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter