Candlelight Processional extended to 20 nights!

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by ImTooExcitedToSleep, Aug 15, 2012.

1. MrsPinup

MrsPinup 3 cups. cups, cups, cups, cups, cups

I may have to book a trip in December to see this!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jkh1978

jkh1978 DIS Veteran

Is there information on the AP page that hasn't been said on the Disney parks blog?

4. LisainCalifornia

LisainCalifornia DIS Veteran

:goodvibesI am an Annual Passholder, and will be there during this time frame--but haven't found the information on the passholder website yet.

I will be going if they offer dining options or tickets!:rolleyes1

5. hollyshoffbrau

hollyshoffbrau Earning My Ears

Since it is invite....You don't think they will do it outside of normal operating hours a la halloween party do you? :confused3

That would be the only way I could see that they could have less crazy crowds.

6. yupikgal

yupikgal DIS Veteran

I just spoke with Disney, and clarified a few things. The first day that it is open to AP holders and the gen. public is 12/3. It sounds like you have to purchase a dinner pkg now to be able to get in, and so I'm hoping that this in addition to the fact that they extended it to 20 performances will cut down on the congestion and waiting time.

I'm so excited, it sounds like it will be a wonderful thing! She said the pkgs won't be available to book until next month sometime. I've never seen the castle all lit up or the overlay of HM, so that will be so much fun!! The last time I was there during the holidays was in Nov. 1999. California Adventure wasn't even there! I've been since then, just not during the holidays. We normally go at the end of May/June.

7. disney4cam

disney4cam Mouseketeer

If it's not open to the public on 12/1 and 12/2, how is it set up? Do they block off main street and only allow the invited guests in? Or is the whole park off-limits. I'm curious, because we are there 12/1, and I want to know what to expect, especially if we won't have access to the park.

8. RainyDayPixie

RainyDayPixie Mouseketeer

I'm interested in hearing about 12/1 and 12/2 as well. I'm in LA for a conference that ends Friday and am contemplating a day or two in the parks. Definitely won't be worth my while if one of them closes early....

9. hollyshoffbrau

hollyshoffbrau Earning My Ears

Thanks for the info! :thumbsup2

10. Mary Jo

Mary Jo Techarita Moderator

I'm reading these posts, and am wondering if they are going to put the Candlelight Processional back at the Fantasyland Theater for these performances. There is no way they can restrict it if it's on Main Street in front of the train station, unless they are only talking about the reserved seating section.

I'm just thinking of the logistics for the evening holiday parade, and other things that happen on Main Street for so many days.

11. ImTooExcitedToSleep

ImTooExcitedToSleep dis veteran

I'm guessing that they mean any seating will be only for VIPs on those two days. I'm sure they won't be closing the park early (though stranger things have happened).

12. lurpee

lurpee Mouseketeer

How will this be announced? Disney emails and the blog? And do you think they'll open all the days up or just one day at a time?