Candlelight Processional Changes Thread

*NikkiBell*

Livin’ that DVC & AP life!
For those who watched the show, it was mentioned that the Candlelight Processional at Epcot has been changed this year. I noticed it over the weekend (along with poor management of how they let in those who purchased the dining package vs. standby guests, but I digress...). You can find more discussion about it here on The DIS:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3206508

The thread has been closed, but the first few pages give some insight as to what has been taken out.

So what was this "One Solitary Life" part that was cut? I've never been.

Sayhello

One Solitary Life

He was born in an obscure village
The child of a peasant woman
He grew up in another obscure village
Where he worked in a carpenter shop
Until he was thirty

He never wrote a book
He never held an office
He never went to college
He never visited a big city
He never travelled more than two hundred miles
From the place where he was born
He did none of the things
Usually associated with greatness
He had no credentials but himself

He was only thirty three

His friends ran away
One of them denied him
He was turned over to his enemies
And went through the mockery of a trial
He was nailed to a cross between two thieves
While dying, his executioners gambled for his clothing
The only property he had on earth

When he was dead
He was laid in a borrowed grave
Through the pity of a friend

Nineteen centuries have come and gone
And today Jesus is the central figure of the human race
And the leader of mankind's progress
All the armies that have ever marched
All the navies that have ever sailed
All the parliaments that have ever sat
All the kings that ever reigned put together
Have not affected the life of mankind on earth
As powerfully as that one solitary life

Really? They took out One Solitary Life? That has been part of the program for so many years.

What a shame.

Really? They took out One Solitary Life? That has been part of the program for so many years.

What a shame.

Yes, that and "Do You Hear What I Hear?" and possibly another (but can't remember if that's for sure or not).

I'm saddened by the cuts. One Solitary Life is so powerfully presented by the narrators. That and the song Rejoice With Exceeding Great Joy have always been my two favorite parts. I'm so glad that song wasn't cut!!

I asked several cm why it was cut and nobody knew a reason.

I hope that people who are unhappy about the cuts will voice that to Disney so that the powers that be are aware we noticed the cuts and didn't like it.

As someone who has been in traveling choirs through college, this will significantly reduce the participants in the "Spot the fainting choir member" game you play. :thumbsup2

We spotted a dozen this past Saturday at the 8:15 show.

I was in choirs growing up and I was informed not to lock my knees ever when performing. Odd but true to this day I don't lock my knees when I have to stand for a long time. And I had a Doctor recently back that information up.

I was in choirs growing up and I was informed not to lock my knees ever when performing. Odd but true to this day I don't lock my knees when I have to stand for a long time. And I had a Doctor recently back that information up.

We were at the 6:15 show Jeff.....7 kids and 3 CMs dropped! Whoopi even said that she loved being there but she had to get off the stage because she was frying!!! Said that those that tuned into her show this week would find that she is a shade darker!!! It was hot and muggy....not good for standing under those lights and singing.

I was always taught to drink a ton of water before singing in those conditions and to flex my knees...no locked knees allowed. When you lock your knees, it does something to the blood flow. For some reason, kids today aren't being taught this....and so, they go down.

Apparently the right side of the theater (as you face the stage) was hotter than the left because that's where all the action was. Either that or maybe the group on the left had gotten more rest and was better hydrated?

I sang at Carnegie Hall in college and it was 400 degrees on stage (and outside), we were packed in like sardines and the woman next to me decided to remove her shoes so it kinda stunk. :crazy2:

We were singing a beautiful piece of music but I don't remember much because I spent the concert saying to myself "don't faint, don't faint, don't faint, don't faint"

I sang at Carnegie Hall in college and it was 400 degrees on stage (and outside), we were packed in like sardines and the woman next to me decided to remove her shoes so it kinda stunk. :crazy2:

We were singing a beautiful piece of music but I don't remember much because I spent the concert saying to myself "don't faint, don't faint, don't faint, don't faint"

Flag on the play! No one should ever do that. Nothing like trying to control your breathing singing while not tasting/smelling foot smells.

I voiced my disappointment over the cut at Guest Services. I felt like I was blown off but supposedly my concern was placed in "the tracker," even though I saw no typing or writing happening.

I just listened to this part of the podcast tonight, and had a thought I haven't seen anyone else mention yet.

Disney probably didn't "own" the written material in the script for "One Solitary Life." It was originally written by a pastor in 1926, and Disney may have lost the rights to use it and/or received a cease and desist over it. Especially because the change happened so abruptly, I would suspect that there was some legal reason involved. I'd suspect it has to do with intellectual property rights - and they probably didn't have them!

It seems unlikely to me that they would have cut the emotional peak of the show for any of the reasons mentioned so far. I wonder if we'll ever hear the "real" reason why it happened?

Sue in Texas

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter