Candlelight Processional 2015

We were thinking about taking a one day trip just to get one last visit in before the closures start. The best day for us to be in parks is Monday, Dec 7. I see the candlelight processional is Dec 5/6 - does that usually mean that the following Monday is more crowded than usual? Since we'll only have the one day, we'd like to be there on a relatively uncrowded day. Thanks!

We are taking Monday off hoping that the crowds form the weekend will leave and we will have a few days tue wed with less crowds.

i can't find anything about it on the DL website. I saw in a post that it is on the first weekend in December? I havnt been there when it's on, do you need a ticket like the Halloween Party? Can anyone help me?

Candlelight does not require additonal tickets. Its an outdoor event ala Fantasmic and WoC. Pretty awesome experience.

It is a private event performed in the public area. No ticket is needed to watch. The seats in front are for the private event guests.

It's Dec 5th and 6th this year. Be forwarned that people get to DL in the am and take up the bench seating (not the chairs that are set up just for the event) and curb spots sit there ALL DAY to keep their seats. I've heard of people walking up an hour before and getting standing room, but if you REALLY have your heart set on seeing it you'll need to invest some time to grab a spot.

2 yrs ago we had a group of 4 people sat next to us about 30mins before the show started because a C33 member didn't come and the seats were open. They were so beyond excited but it's pretty rare to have that happen.

They also don't release the names of the narrators to the public until the week before (I think that's right? @Malcon10t ?) but the VIP guests/C33 members/media are given their invites around this time with the narrator listed.

Hi Jenny, I hope you do get to view Candlelight this year. It is a beautiful experience. I will be going solo so far this year but have asked a few Disers about a meet. PM me If you'd like to try and meet up. I'd go tot he earlier time on Saturday for sure and maybe the same on Sunday. I'd love to have a viewing companion and also someone to help with the wait.

MommyJKM, you sound like a CP expert! I was hoping to 'see' it this year but don't want to bad enough to stake out a spot. I fully understand I won't see much if we show up right before, but from your experience will we have ANY view if we show up as it's starting? Again, my expectations are *very* low, but curious what we can expect.

Also this show sounds mostly like an audio experience right? Is there any action? There is a narrator and a choir, that is it?

thanks again-we happen to be there that day and I'd love to even hear/see a part of it if possible before dashing off to our BB F! dinner at 6:15....

The problem with showing up right as it is starting is people have staked out spots all day. There likely wouldn't be space to "squeeze in" without people being upset. You will be asked to "keep walking" if you are in a "walk way area". And the first show starts at 530p, The choir starts arriving at 530p, it takes 10 mins or so to get everyone up on stage. The narration would start maybe 540p. It is over at about 625p With the crowds, you will need to leave Main St by 6 at the latest to get to Blue Bayou, possible even earlier. I've had it take me 20 mins just to get from City Hall to the Emporium on Candlelight because the walkway was THAT crowded.

Action? You mean the choirs coming down Main St? The various soloists? The ASL person?

Narrators are usually announced a couple weeks ahead when they tell the choirs and the invited guests. Last year, I think it was just before Thanksgiving.

You'll likely be directed around, especially now that they have the bypasses. They were starting to do that even before they were built. The processional itself goes down Main St, you might want to start there, then you'll have an easier time getting to NOS once it passes.

Thanks Malcon10t-oh! so the choir comes down main street then sets up by the train station? I would never squeeze in front of someone or anything like that! Never! I know we won't be able to see much of anything, but it sounds like if we can hear it would be nice too. But no, I would never get in front of anyone!!!!

SMD-what are these bypasses? I like this idea of standing at the far end (from entrance) of Main street and watch it as it goes by, that sounds great. Are they singing as they walk? That sounds like the best compromise with all that we have going on. I had no idea they came down main street, so that is very good info.

Thanks everyone! and thanks OP for letting me do some hijacking :flower3:

The bypass going towards the hub is by the Showcase/Hat store. The bypass going towards Town Square, goes from between Jolly Holiday/Coke Corner to just beside the Fire House.

I apologize for the term "squeeze in", but with the area being packed with people staking spots from park opening on (there are even threads with people meeting up to hold spots on Disboards), trying to find a spot at the last minute will be squeezing in.

Thank you. We might even be there that Sunday. If we aren't willing to stake out a spot all day, is it even worth trying to see it, or should we just stay away from it to make our lives easier?

MommyJKM, you sound like a CP expert! I was hoping to 'see' it this year but don't want to bad enough to stake out a spot. I fully understand I won't see much if we show up right before, but from your experience will we have ANY view if we show up as it's starting? Again, my expectations are *very* low, but curious what we can expect.

Also this show sounds mostly like an audio experience right? Is there any action? There is a narrator and a choir, that is it?
thanks again-we happen to be there that day and I'd love to even hear/see a part of it if possible before dashing off to our BB F! dinner at 6:15....

Ironically I work for a Cerebral Palsy charity and my first thought was "How did she know I was a CP expert?" :) I think Malcon10T has been more times than I have but I've been to a few Candelights. As she said it's like nothing you've experienced in terms of being able to watch because people are so invested in it and spend their whole day waiting to see it - Think PTN x 10 - and also since Disney is only concerned about the people in the seating area to be honest. And "squeezing in" is exactly what you would have to do to see it if you go last minute. The audio is lovely and all but you're going to be disappointed i think if you only hear it. It's one of those "Standing on your tippie toes to see, but can't" situations.

I would dare say it's a Visual experience more than Audible. But it sounds like you are neutral about it so I would get to the Emporium side of Main St at about 4:00 with a snack/drink and see if you can view the stage - that would be the most important part - and hold your spot if you are able to see.

Disclaimer: I have a deaf brother and the Sign Language interpreter is so amazing that I flew my brother and his partner out a few years ago for Candelight just because I knew he would enjoy it and we all cried as a family. He does just an AMAZING job.

Disclaimer: I have a deaf brother and the Sign Language interpreter is so amazing that I flew my brother and his partner out a few years ago for Candelight just because I knew he would enjoy it and we all cried as a family. He does just an AMAZING job.
There is also a woman, I think she does a beautiful job and was very impressed with her. But the gentleman, there is just something, a "feel" of his ASL that just makes it even more moving. My daughter is partially deaf and we both just enjoy watching him. I always try for a spot where we can see him.

Malcon10t-My expectations are very low. I wouldn't try to go to the front of the crowd to see, I expected to be at the back of the crowd and wanted to hear more about that. I very much understand people get there first thing and stake out a spot. I see now that I wasn't clear in saying I would be at the back of the crowd, and expected to be at the back.

Mommy JKM, that is funny about the CP. And your plan sounds pretty good, and thanks again for the good advice to go to the far side of the main street. Emporium seems kind of close and ambitious, but we will see. I haven't seen PTN night, so I don't have anything to compare it.

And again, I apologize. I thought me saying I have low expectations and using the word 'see' in quotes meant you would understand I would just hang back and see what happens. Dumb of me to assume. I should have been more clear and said 'so how bad is it at the back of the crowd for viewing/hearing if I just show up when it's starting' That is really what I meant. I'd put a fork in my eye before ever butting in front of someone or squeezing someone.

Thanks again for giving me a better picture on CP.

Malcon10t-My expectations are very low. I wouldn't try to go to the front of the crowd to see, I expected to be at the back of the crowd and wanted to hear more about that. I very much understand people get there first thing and stake out a spot. I see now that I wasn't clear in saying I would be at the back of the crowd, and expected to be at the back.
The problem is that the standing areas are less than the width of a sidewalk. This is not like viewing the fireworks where Main St is full and you can just hop into the back of the crowd. The public viewing areas are extremely limited.

SMD-so they keep all of main street open and only on sidewalks can you watch? Crowd control at DL is amazing. I want to go just to see how it all works.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter