Candleligh Procession-Chef lunch or San Angel Dinner

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by KJF0528, Aug 14, 2013.

1. KJF0528

KJF0528 Earning My Ears

Okay Chefs de France is not available right now for dinner on Dec 21st.

I booked Chefs for lunch that day and also San Angel for dinner that night. We are doing the Candlelight Processional package as it also gives us preferred seating for Illuminations.

Which restaurant would you prefer???:confused3

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Dislover1991

Dislover1991 DIS Veteran

San Angel!

But that might be because I'm a big fan of Mexican food and don't care too much for French food.

4. ses1230

ses1230 DIS Veteran

Did you book 2 Candlelight Processional packages? An ADR doesn't get you the package, you have to book the package specifically.

In any case I would look at the menus and see what you like better. I have been to Chefs and it was pretty good, I would go there again. I haven't tried the restaurants in Mexico though.

5. purple figment

purple figment DIS Veteran

Another thing to take into consideration is the lunch package is for the first CP of the evening at 5:00, while a dinner package is for the second or third performance. Some people feel it's too light at 5:00 and prefer a later show when it's dark out.

As the PP said, you have to specifically book the CP Dining Package. Also, there will be a reserved viewing area for IllumiNations, but no seating.

Do you want French or Mexican food? I prefer Chefs to San Angel, but it's best to look at the menus to help you decide.

6. KJF0528

KJF0528 Earning My Ears

I did book specifically for the CP. One lunch and one dinner, but that is a really good point about the light at the first show......

My kids like TexMex-worried about ti being more true Mexican in flavor, though they are very good eaters.

I lean towards Chefs for lunch, but for 2!!!! TS credits per person, I definitely want it to be spectacular and worth it!!

7. cruisingkat

cruisingkat DIS Veteran

You do know that it is not preferred seating for Illuminations but a preferred viewing area! You do stand and it does become quite crowded as all three show package times are included at the viewing area. If you have the late show, the rows along the fence will most likely be gone by the time you walk over there from the performance and you might end up three to six people back..