Cancelling ressie for MK view room at Poly first thing on 6/11

letthewookiewin

<font color=blue>"That's 'cause droids don't pull
I just wanted to post it here just in case any DIS'r wanted to grab the room. We currently have a MK view room at the Poly reserved for December 7 - 14, 2008. I am calling in the morning to change it to the WL. So far our family's favorite resort is the WL, but we were going to stay at the Poly for the view. I kept trying to convince myself that it was for the view, and it was worth the view to not stay at the WL. I have been in a funk about our trip, and I would have missed the 180 day out mark to make our ADR's if someone hadn't mentioned it on these boards. I just haven't been as excited about it as I should have been. I was looking at our ADR's and we just aren't going to be in the room enough to be able to enjoy the view. I talked it over with the DH and he has agree'd to change it to the WL. He said "just whatever you want dear", that is until he found out is was cheaper. Then he was really into the change, and was already planning what type of new monitor he would buy for his computer with the left over money.
If anyone is looking for a MK view room at the Poly for Dec. 7- 14, 2008 one will be open in the morning.

I just got off the phone with Disney and the Poly room has been canceled and the WL has been made.

I just got off the phone with Disney and the Poly room has been canceled and the WL has been made.

I think you made a great decision as the WL is just beautiful (especially all decorated :santa:). We love both the Poly and the WL for different reasons. We chose the WL for our December trip as well because the WL (IMO) can't be beat when it comes to the holiday decorations :santa:. We will find ourselves back at the Poly in the summer of 2009, but for the Christmas holiday, it's the WL all the way :woohoo: :woohoo:. And congrats on getting a ressie this late :yay:. I have seen many posts about the WL being booked for those dates :eek:. I'm glad you were able to switch with no problems. Have a great trip :dance3:.

Thank you. We stayed at the WL in October 2006. I just got tired of trying to convince myself that I would still have a great time even with us not staying at the WL. I just didn't want to pay the kind of money that you pay for a MK view at the Poly, and spend the time wishing I was at the WL. I would love to get that room for our wedding anniversary, but for Christmas I just felt like the WL was a better place to be. Maybe in 2010 for our 15th wedding anniversary I can convince my DH again to get that MK view at the Poly. Our wedding anniversary is July 1, so we would be there in the middle of the summer.

I agree that if you really like the Wilderness Lodge it's best to stay there, because if you really like it there who knows if you would have been able to enjoy the Polynesian.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts